Chapter 14: Step one pt 2

Once they had an agreement, young Master Chang ye handed Gu Lin Fang a spatial ring.

"All the materials you requested are in here, including the information on the Wu and Lu clans...as for..." Chang ye paused to see Gu Lin Fang's reaction but there was nothing, absolutely no change.

'could it be that, the Gu clan in the {Sand Desert faction} was a branch family?...no that's also impossible'. While thinking this way, He explained to Gu Lin Fang, "The Gu clan members were found entering through the city gates at about a week ago but they went missing in the slums".

This surprised Gu Lin Fang, so he asked with a rather dangerous looking smile, "How many?"

"18"

This time Gu Lin Fang stood up calmly while stroking his short beard, with his other arm behind him, "So your saying, 18 people just disappeared suddenly?"

"..."

"Incredible, Iron Crow city never seizes to amaze me" This time Gu Lin Fang was genuinely surprised. It had to be known that, although it was possible in his previous world, it would take lots of preparation and white washing of key police officers.

But here, it was done immediately...

Unless....

'they are hiding?' when Gu Lin Fang thought of this point, he looked at Chang ye and noticed he still has something to say.

"What is it young Master ye?"

"Behind the Wu and Lu clans, is the Kong family...a somewhat powerful clan in the {Sun Desert faction}.

I know that the Gu clan might be important to you, but I have to advise you to think carefully before you start anything." As he spoke, he bowed his head slightly before adding, "I added every information you might need to settle down in {Iron Crow city} along with the beast cores and materials.

I hope you can keep your end of the deal and not join the Chang clan."

"..." Gu Lin Fang was silent for a second before nodding his head, his entire facial expressions displayed his amusement for the actions of the young man.

'I guess I've milked him enough for now...' He mused and said to the exiting duo, "Tomorrow, I will be sending someone to hand over the {Blue heart flower} for auctioning...I only wish that you announce that it's from the Gu clan."

Chang ye paused, He and Jan turned towards Gu Lin Fang again and bowed slightly, Jan made sure to bow lower than his master, Chang ye before they both walked out of the house.

Gu Lin Fang looked at his plate and their plates.

"They wasted their food..." As he grumbled, he sat down and continued his meal quietly.

________________

The interior of the carriage was silent as it headed back to the Changfeng Merchant house.

Young Master Chang ye was sitting inside with his trusted aid, Jan seated opposite him.

"What do you think?" Chang ye was the first to break the silence.

"Dangerous, very dangerous,

I couldn't see through his cultivation realm.

It felt like standing in front of Master Fu.

But even then, I feel he's more dangerous than Master Fu" Jan is a man of few words, an Auroras Core expert that has served young Master ye for years but today he felt helpless.

"NASCENT SOUL?!!" Chang ye opened his eyes wide at this revelation before he thought of something else, "Master Gu's daughter is a beauty... I wonder if 2nd can win master Gu over through her.