Chapter 7 : Gamble

The VIP lounge was silent for a moment as Gu LinFang was lost in thought.

'Initially I intended to sell more than one bottles of such pill, but hearing now that they're perfect grade items...I believe it's best to keep them to my self...I wonder if it's possible to reverse engineer pills without the system? Or can I make an entirely new pill?' Suddenly, He seemed to be looking forward to concocting pills.

"That's fine by me as well, Do you perhaps have a cauldron or two up for sale today?" He quickly responded to avoid any awkwardness.

He just remembered that he doesn't have the necessary tools for pill making except the green grade spirit cauldron the previous owner of his body had. It was a cauldron and a magic weapon as well, something that had been with him for years, which he obtained by robbing someone of his life.

'thinking about it now, it seems this guy wasn't a good guy either...so there shouldn't be any scruples if...' Gu Fang was once again amusing himself with the rubbish that seems pop up from time to time since he got into this body.

"There's indeed one, an Earth grade cauldron!".

'Earth grade? That should be uhm... Blue grade item? Not bad' Gu Fang was pleased.

On his second day in this world, he had learnt that, the people graded items different from the way system did. It started from the bottom being, Mortal grade, then yellow, Earth, Sky, immortal and finally heaven grade.

Gu Fang adjusted himself slowly on his seat while dropping his tea cup with a skeptical expression and said, "Hmm... that should be fine as well".

He then nods repeatedly saying, "How much would you sell it for?".

Gu Linju on the other hand felt her hands shake upon hearing 'earth grade' and was even more surprised by how casual her father was going about it as well!.

'He didn't even flinch and is even acting like it's beneath him...'

"Brother Gu, don't be overly serious..." Master Fu says while making a gesture that said, 'just take it...'.

Gu Lin Fang cuts in immediately with a smile, "Brother Fu, that won't do ... how can I accept such!?".

Inwardly he was sneering at the old man, 'predictable, obviously trying to rope me in... not my first time with your type... wait! I forgot I'm an old man as well Tsk tsk tsk'

Master Fu squeezed his face with a teasing smile, "there's no need to stand on ceremony, Brother how about this, I'll gift it to you... just take it as my gift to the little niece ...".

"This...Haais...then I shall graciously accept this gift" Gu Lin Fang made it seem like he only accepted with great reluctance before cupping his fist in greeting with a touched expression.

There was no movement from Gu Linju as she was still in shock but the old man and Chang ye saw it as something else.

'Looks like this is indeed nothing to them', Master Fu seemed to be impressed with himself for some reason as he stroke his beards while saying "Good Good Good" repeatedly.

Gu Lin Fang didn't say anything more as he observed the two, their facial expressions towards each other got him thinking before coming to a conclusion about Master Fu , 'He most likely has a high position in the Chang clan'.

"Master Gu" Chang ye suddenly spoke impatiently at this time, Gu Lin Fang also noticed the change in the way Chang ye addressed him.

"Yes?"

"Is there something else you need? You know, It will take a while to bring the cauldron over, so why don't we handle other things as we wait?" Chang ye asked with a smile that wasn't a smile.