Chapter 27: I'll eat you...

Upon stepping outside of the Changfeng Merchant gates, Gu Lin Fang glared around before taking a deep breath and smirking.

Because he had his back to Yu Xing and Gu Lin Ju, they frowned. Gu Lin Ju was still in Yu Xing's arms as she struggled to say, "Father, I'm fine..."

This snapped Gu Lin Fang out of his thoughts as he looked at her with a smile, "I know, I'm just disappointed about losing those perfectly good guards...

Now who's going to drive the carriage, good thing you didn't bring your maid".

Gu Yu Xing sighs in relief and said,"Lord father, I am in awe of your prowess, even I was almost worried you forgot the plan...but"

He paused as he followed after Gu Lin Fang, the latter was walking towards the carriage as he eyed a beggar in the street.

The beggar sat there motionless with his face covered but Gu Lin Fang knew who he was.

'isn't that the corpse puppet?' Gu Lin Fang smiled casually while looking at the storyteller's shop opposite the Changfeng Merchant gates.

Upstairs sat Li Cheng sipping tea, he bowed his head slightly at Gu Lin Fang with a solemn expression.

"But aren't you worried about exposing your demonic cultivation?"

Gu Lin Fang laughed at this question and replied, "the fact that I showed such strength and being a demon cultivator would make them wary, cautious as well.

They'd consider a lot before making a move against me.

Which is why I will use this chance to strike first to instill fear"

There's a part Gu Lin Fang didn't add, 'It would also spread my reputation further'

He looked at the long line of notifications and couldn't help smiling.

"Yu Xing, can you handle the carriage?"

"Yes Lord father"

"Good, it's time to shake this city to the core!" A malevolent voice broke out of Gu Lin Fang's lips as he clenched his fist.

"Ah... Brother Yu Xing, I can walk now" Gu Lin Ju suddenly says with a cold expression as the feeling of being useless once again made it's way to her heart.

"Lin Fang?!" Someone suddenly called out.

Gu Lin Fang's eyes flashed as he wondered who would dare call him with such intimacy.

Before him, stood an old man and two teens...

"Uncle Ji Hung!" Gu Lin Ju suddenly calls out with Joy.

Gu ji Hung looked very happy, he lifted his head up and laughed loudly as he hugged Lin ju, "Hahaha it's really you!"

Seeing this, Gu Lin Fang's brain began thinking on overdrive before saying, "Brother Ji Hung, I'm glad you got my message but it would be best if we left this place for now".

Everyone settled down at his words.

"Greetings, Uncle Lin Fang" the teenage girl says along with the boy but Gu Lin Fang responded with a nod while looking at the direction of the auction house.

"Let's go"

they turned around and headed towards the carriage.

He looked at Li Cheng seated at the window upstairs and found that he had his eyes closed.

So they boarded the carriage while the others were given horses without a word.

This left Gu Lin Fang, Gu Lin Ju and Gu Ji Hung alone inside.