Chapter 12: quest

Gu Li Cheng sat in a daze at the main Hall of the mansion a he watched Gu Lin Fang try to make tea...

"Um... Uncle, let me help...help you"

As Soon as he heard those words, Gu Lin Fang paused his actions and looked at this Nephew of his for a second.

He begrudgingly cleared his throat and looked away, leaving it for Gu Li Cheng. The young man quickly took over the brewing session while wondering why Gu Lin Fang was in a bad mood, 'How can someone be so bad at making tea...he looked so intimidating doing it even...'

Gu Li Cheng was now on the same kind of Han Fu robe Gu Lin Fang and his daughter wore. His hair was also packed neatly with his bushy eyebrows locked in a frown.

Gu Lin Fang watched him silently from the side, while thinking,'I should really get my own tea girl, that would be very Boss like and fitting for the image I'm thinking of'.

He noticed Gu Li Cheng's emotions, but he wasn't the kind to give encouragement, neither was he the type to console others but he's beginning to suspect that he'll be doing it a lot for a while.

But then he couldn't help sighing when he saw the young man tearing up again, "Do you think you should be doing that right now?".

Gu Li Cheng quickly wiped his tears while coughing in embarrassment saying, "Hehe, I embarrassed myself in front of Uncle Fang again... It's just, I'm worried about my family and other clansmen, oh right, what about aunty and cousin?".

"..." Gu Lin Fang stood up quietly, grumbling under his breath, "Your Aunt fell in battle a few days ago, along with brother Li Wei and sister Mei jin..."

All of a sudden Gu Li Cheng began choking but He continued speaking, "If I had not been lucky and suddenly unlocked our clan's ancestral bloodline, allowing me to finally break through to the Nascent soul realm despite being poisoned..." He paused, picking up the prepared tea with a dazed expression, and silently poured some into his tea cup.

"I was still too late..."He could only say that in the end with a bitter laugh, "but I was able to make a way out for everyone while escaping the encirclement with Ju'er".

Speechless, Gu Li Cheng fell back on his seat with a lost look on his face "..."

"They had fought valiantly till the end, I did some investigation yesterday and found out about you being at the auction house, some of our clan members are still out there, including your sister, ...yes she's alive, so you need to be strong..."

"I'll be getting some information on the Wu and Lu clan soon, to see what I can find about our clansmen and how I can wash this sin with their blood..." Gu Lin Fang continued speaking a way that looked like he was seething with anger, all the while observing Gu Li Cheng's expressions.

The young man's eyes lit up hearing about his sister but it turned to a frown a second later.

"Uncle, what can I do to help!" He finally says, making Gu Lin Fang look at him.

Sipping his tea and thinking, "there's indeed something, I need you to do... there's a lot to be done, so I'll make one of the new foundation establishment stage guards be your escort. Today, you will go into the city,  try and find traces of our clan members, spread rumors of us finding them or looking for information, buy some horses while you are at it... we'll talk later tonight".

Gu Li Cheng quickly nodded.

"Ju'er is at a critical point in her cultivation, so you won't be seeing her for a while".

As he spoke, he looked at Gu Li Cheng with an expression that said, you better do this right.

On seeing that, Gu Li Cheng could only nod his head, He knew what his uncle meant as he had a lot of history on causing trouble.