Chapter 25: Auction 2

Meanwhile, as the auction was in motion, some shadowy figures were on their way to what they called the [Underground Qi Routing Control room] beneath the Chang's property. this was the tool for supplying power to the hall.

They silently eliminated anyone who saw them, but that didn’t mean they happily carried out an indiscriminate mass murder.

“…the Qi Routing Control room.” a hoarse voice broke the silence as it read out the words on the iron door.

They could feel the Qi overflowing from the processed core could be felt from where they stood.

Processed cores were artificial power source that was made to hold heaven and earth Qi in order to power the Airships, lit up the nights in certain areas of cities depending on the size.

It was just as vital to human convenience as electricity to modern Earth, the downside was that, one can't use it to cultivate.

This building was constructed with the premise that its lights would never be off as long as the core exists. So It's expected that  the auction hall will be plunged into darkness after losing its power supply.

The security was somewhat lax as they had all been moved to guard the items. No one would expect someone to go against the Chang clan in such an event.

After taking out the lights, their associates would head right toward the VIP booths, kill their respective targets and then make their getaway.

Should they succeed, the top brass felt that this would further increase their prestige here in the Northern desert.

This was a rather crude scheme, but it was the most effective.

The leading figure took a deep breath and unsheathed his sword.

Without any further action, the control room door was fell apart, exposing what laid within. everyone then charged in, turning everything inside into junk while the leader silently stored away the small sized Core that was the size of a human head.

No one said a thing.

___________

As the Gu's were observing the auction, a guard knocked.

Gu Yu Xing looked at Gu Lin Fang who nodded in return. Only then did Yu Xing say "come in".

His voice attracted the attention of ju'er whom was watching the competition below.

The guard came in and bowed to Gu Lin Fang first,  before turning to Yu Xing while passing a note, "a lady came saying you have a message from someone called Fatty Zhu".

“They're going to do it inside the auction” Gu Yu Xing muttered in incredulity as he read the note.

Gu Lin ju tried looking calm as she asked, “what should I do?”.

No matter how she acted tough, she has only been exposed to all this kind of action recently.

“just try and relax, I'm here.

I wonder if they investigated my cultivation realm.” Gu Lin Fang says somewhat excited.

Gu Yu Xing shook his head and said, "They don't need to, big scale operations like this with so many targets at the same location.

They only have to use the Heart suppressing formation to block everyone's cultivation for 4 minutes

So everyone would be nothing but mortals during this period.

But...considering your and all the power houses cultivation, that means the time would be even shorter".

The thought of this formation worried Gu Lin Fang.