Chapter 23: Broken Blade rice shop

Later that day, at exactly 1pm.
At an inconspicuous looking rice shop, Gu Yu Xing could be seen walking in.

His hair was long and black, nothing like the disheveled mess from before. He is a young man of about 5.8ft with a well toned body as a warrior, perfectly fitted with the signature black Gong Fu robe with a 'Gu' on its upper back.

It was almost the same style with what Gu Lin Fang and Gu Lin Ju were wearing but was still different. Due to their bloodline, he had a kind of seductive charm like Gu Lin Fang that made him seem trustworthy.

Upon entering the rice shop, the customers quietened down while the staff looked shocked.

"BOSS!!" The shopkeeper calls out and the customers went about their business.

The shopkeeper was a thick looking young man with bronze colored skin, which made it obvious that he was an external cultivator(Body cultivator) and he was by no means weak, considering he was at the Mid stage of the Auroras Core realm.

His bushy eyebrows locked up in pleasant surprise as he absentmindedly tried to hug Gu Yu Xing.

The other staff shook their heads with a sigh as the shop keeper was slapped back to the counter.

"How many times do I have to tell you..." Gu Yu Xing's cold voice rang across the place but was cut off by the shopkeeper's awkward words.

"Hehehe...I was just to excited, Boss Gong" he scratched his head awkwardly before approaching Gu Yu Xing with cautious steps.

This made the latter sigh, honestly, he had overreacted because he was still in a bad mood from the 'teachings' earlier today and he was taking it out on his friend and partner Fatty Zhu.

"Tsk tsk tsk, this is the first time I'm seeing someone close to me wearing clothes with the price of a house" Fatty Zhu exclaims in surprise while circling around Gu Yu Xing.

Something Gu Lin Fang was unaware of was that, despite Gu Yu Xing under the guise of Gong Shuren was someone who had dabbled in different things and had underlings under him.

So by taking Gu Yu Xing as his person, he technically got the full package. The scroll he found that was said to have the secret to awakening one's hidden bloodline had pushed him down the path of no return, making him slowly go mad.

And if he didn't meet Gu Lin Fang, perhaps that would have been his destiny. This rice shop was their cover in {Iron Crow city} and it had gathered a bit of popularity amongst the those who dabbled in the dark side of life.

{Broken blade Rice shop}, it had began as Fatty Zhu's bad joke six years ago and today it was a kind of neutral ground for exchanges amongst.

And though, those who used the place were mostly those of foundation establishment realm to the Qi gathering realm, it still gathered some respect and was even well known in Cruel Canyon because of Gu Yu Xing (Gong Shuren).

Gu Yu Xing placed his hand on Fatty Zhu's shoulder and took a deep breath before saying, "close the shop, there's much to discuss".

Fatty Zhu looked confused but did as he was told, "Alright Friends, we'll be closing temporally! I hope you can understand and come back later"

As he spoke, a chopper knife fell off his woolen jacket onto the floor. He looked around suspiciously with an awkward laugh and then picked it up with a dry cough.

"As I was saying, hehehe business will continue shortly, so...

Scram!!

You! Why aren't you standing up?!!"