Chapter 28: Aftermath

At this time the Commercial district was a mess, the Chang's all had an expression that made them look like they had swallowed flies.

The Yanmen officers weren't having a good time either, never had such an incident happened in the passed 10 years.

Several important figures died in one evening!, Civilians murdered ruthlessly by an angry cultivator.

In fact It was noticed that, Gu Lin Fang in his fit of rage, had more kill counts than the assassins themselves. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do for now.

The commander in chief who's in charge of Iron Crow City was present on the scene. He looked at the bodies spread across the ground and was speechless.

A hundred and twenty people died today, although majority died due to the stampedes.

"Commander Zhuge, I believe we should go and capture this Master Gu" the captain who was first on the scene once again gave his suggestion. His gut feeling kept telling him that this Gu family patriarch is very suspicious.

"On what basis Mr Qiang?, Your gut feeling? I say it's better we find the assassin that escaped and not the victim!!" Commander Zhuge roared at Qiang Lei furiously, wondering why this fellow was always so adamant.

It was to the point he changed his mode address, calling him Mr Qiang.

He placed his hands on Qiang Lei's shoulder and said, "let it go okay?, This time your gut feeling is wrong.

Besides, how do you want to bring him in?.

Have you not seen his strength? Hahaha, do you think I, an Auroras core peak cultivator can fight him? Or is it you?...

come on, come off it".

He turned to the storyteller's shop and said, "investigate this shop thoroughly!, The assassin disappeared there.

I hear the owner has always been a mystery, my hands are already full with the rampaging clans due to this incident and you wish to provoke an unknown Nascent soul expert".

Qiang Lei watched commander Zhuge grumble under his breath for a few seconds before nodding calmly, "as you command".

He still wasn't going to give up, especially when he thought of those blood red eyes gave him goosebumps.

If only he knew that Gu Lin Fang was just messing with him.

After ordering his men, he mounted his horse 'since we can't bring him in because of our strength, I just need to find someone who can'.

"Haaa!!" He kicked the sides of the horse and rode off.

___________

At the same time, young Master Chang ye sighed in relief as he confirmed that none of the goods were missing, but then he thought about what Gu Lin Fang said about offering him an explanation.

'he must have thought I tried to kill him for the {Blue heart flower}'

"Ah My head" he rubbed his aching temples in distress.

Jan saw his actions and couldn't help sighing, "it's no use overthinking, why don't you inform the Eldest son of the news first and see what he says".

"Easy for you to say because you are not the one getting scolded, he is presently at the [Dragon pass] secretly supporting Ding Cao wei at the spirit fountain" Chang ye explained after a long sigh.

Jan's expression changed into a shocked one, "you mean the fountain is going to explode soon?".

"Yes, but this must be kept to yourself. The fewer the people who know, the better for us.