Chapter 24: The Auction 1

When all was said and done, Gu Lin Fang felt Li Cheng had enough preparation to finish the job.

"You know what to do?" He asked Li Cheng the third time as he was  afraid the boy would forget once again.

"Yes Lord Uncle, I'm to wait at the storyteller's shop opposite the auction house with the puppet placed in position as a beggar and watch for the Kong clan's young Master before initiating any attack..." Gu Li Cheng spoke while fidgeting slightly.

Hearing his words, Gu Lin Fang felt a vein threatening to pop as he glared at the fool, "who said anything about you being at the storyteller's shop?.

I said, the puppet should be the only one there acting as a beggar right in front of the shop, you shouldn't be seen at all until it's time to retrieve the corpse puppet into your spatial ring.

Definitely it will be chased but I'm sure you know what to do then".

Shocked for a second, Gu Li Cheng spoke with an awkward laugh, "yes I will remember now, I just wa..."

"Forget it" Gu Lin Fang cut him off as he suddenly felt thirsty.

Luckily for him, the sound of the mechanism being opened came from above the stairs.

"Lord father, it's done" Gu Yu Xing appeared with a bow and proceeded to tell Gu Lin Fang everything that happened.

The Broken Blade rice shop and it's members came as a surprise to the latter and he couldn't help but praise him inwardly without changing his expression, 'As expected of a mini Boss, but what is this Cruel Canyon?. A city made mainly for the Evil camp? Hmm should be a red name city.

It's even governed by the ten great villains?, Awesome!!.

It must be the top ten Evil camp NPC I saw on that system ranking list I was reading.

Those are world Boss level  NPCs!...

In due time!".

As Gu Lin Fang and Li Cheng listened, the same sound from up the stairs could be heard again and they all looked up.

"Eh? Father, you aren't even dressed yet? It's almost time!!"Gu Lin Ju's low-pitched voice was heard as she said lightly.

At some point she had returned and freshened up, Gu Lin Fang had given her about 50% of all the blue grade female clothes in his possession and was glad he did.

Though the girl was still dressed up in a black colored attire, it's style was also different from the one before as the 'Gu' was now written with gold just above the wide sleeves. Her belt was also a matching gold color, giving her a noble feeling.

"Cousin Ju'er's beauty is as unparalleled as ever!" Gu Li Cheng wasn't stingy with his praises.

Gu Lin Fang suddenly glared at him, "you are still here?!! Didn't you just hear Ju'er?.

She said it's almost time..."

"But Lord Uncle, you said I'm to only attack after the auction... so I don't think I have any problems" he tries to defend himself while looking at Gu Yu Xing for support, after all they had developed some kind of comrade in arms relationship after their ordeal earlier that day.

Seeing no movement from Gu Yu Xing and Gu Lin Fang's glare, he ran away with a fake sob saying, "it was all a lie!".

Upon his exit, Gu Lin Fang looked at his daughter who was now standing next to him,  "I could have sworn you would have worn your favorite Red color for the occasion but Black looks good on you as well".

Gu Linju smiled with a hum while thanking him for the praise, Gu Yu Xing watched them with interest.

Gu Linju's white skin and black hair styled with the silver hair pin which was rare this days,  blood-red eyes that flashed whenever she showed extreme emotions, whether happy or sad.