Chapter 16: step one pt4

Warning: there would be quite a lot of info dump on this chapter, I apologize.

[9:48 pm]

Gu Lin Fang appeared within the Garden with a frown.

'There are no changes with the quest...' Confused, he walked to the mansion with the unconscious Gong Shuren on his shoulder.

"Eek!!...!! Greetings Lord Gu" A startled voice came from behind the door he just used to get in but Gu Lin Fang responded offhandedly, "Err...So it's Wei Fan".

"Yes Lord Gu!" His surprised voice went up a notch, this made Gu Lin Fang frown in irritation.

"Will you calm down?!!"

"Yes...yes Lord Gu!!" Gu Wei Fan replies after taking deep breaths. His eyes remained on the body that was on his master's shoulder.

"Let me help you..."

Gu Lin Fang glanced at the shaking fellow and ordered, "No need, Prepare some water for me.

I'll be taking a bath shortly".

Gu Wei Fan then bows as he watched Gu Lin Fang pass him before heading towards the kitchen.
________________

Arriving at his somewhat empty study, Gu Lin Fang tossed Gong Shuren aside and noticed, he had stopped bleeding...

"Hmm, now that I think about it...there are many ways to get this healing effect, skills or body constitution or..." His sentence was cut short as he suddenly thought about the battle and went to his reading table.

He spread a wide sheet of paper on the table and picked up a brush with ink.

Then he went to the tutorial page to select [Basic Combat]. For some reason, he had only read through before to only understand some words in the skill descriptions.

But now, because of his earlier combat...he needs more in-depth knowledge on the games combat to at least make up for his martial arts inexperience.

[Combat basics]

Combat in 'Eternal glory' is based in an almost strict logic of real-world martial arts, and can be compared to the classic game of “Rock, Paper, Scissors."

Skills in a martial technique, are divided into Overt Attacks (Rock), Feints (Scissors), and Parries (Paper).

Overt Moves or “Rock” are straight forward attacks. These are stronger than other attacks because they have one purpose, damage. Whether a “basic attack” with your weapon/fists, or a special skill, Overt Moves are the foundation of combat.

- The majority of damage skills are overt moves.
- They are the main skills which you use to deal damage to your opponents.
- They will break the armor of feint skills and overpower them.
- If your opponent is using a parry stance, the damage will be reduced by a certain percentage starting at 50%, but can be increased or reduced through gear and skills.

Parry Moves
The “Paper” that covers the rock are  Parry moves. You can block an opponents attack normally, which only minimizes the damage done to you.

But a more practiced martial artist will be able to deal more damage than a simple block can handle.

This is where Parry Skills come in. 

Each Parry skill behaves differently when you successfully block an attack with said skill.

Some examples of Parry effects are, damage reflection to the aggressor or their equipment, or debuffs to the aggressor (slower movement, longer skill cool downs, etc).