Chapter 61

*2 years into the future

JJ's POV:

"You ready dear?" I ask.

"I am. Let's go."

We get in the car. Of course Emily got the keys. we drove for half an hour before we got to our destination.

We walk into the building hand in hand. It takes us a few minutes to get to the office where we are supposed to be.

"Hello Jennifer, hello Emily."

"Hello Cassie. Is this really happening?" I ask.

"It is. Are you ready to meet them."

"We are." I say while looking at Emily.

Cassie walks us to a different room and there are two kids sitting down watching tv.

When they hear the door open they both look our way.

"Hello. I'm Jennifer and this is Emily."

"Hi." They say.

"What's your guys name?" I ask.

"I'm Jordan. And this is Mia."

"How old are you guys?" I ask.

Jordan responds first again. "I'm 12, and Mia is 6."

"Nice to meet you both. You guys are going to be living with us." Emily says.

"We are?"

We both nod.

"For how long?" Mia asks.

"That's up for you guys to decide. If you want us to adopt you, we can. But that's a conversation for another day. For now, why don't we go home and get you guys situated into your rooms." I say.

"Rooms?"

"Yeah. You guys can have your own rooms if you want too. Or you can share one."

"Can we have our own rooms?" Mia asks her brother.

"Yeah. We can." He says.

"Let's go home then." Emily says.

The four of us walk down to the parking lot and we get their belongings into the car. After making sure they are buckled in we drive back home.

When we get home we show them around our new house. It's a 4 bedroom, 3 bath. Their rooms connect with a bathroom.

We let them pick what rooms they want and then we get their things inside.

"What color would you like your room to be?" I ask.

"Can we do two colors?" Jordan asks.

"Of course you can."

"Would blue and green be okay."

"Yes that would be okay. Tomorrow we can get some paint and then we can do your rooms. What color do you want Mia?"

"Yellow."

"Yellow is a great color." I say with a smile. "Emily is making lunch, so why don't we go downstairs and see what she is making for us."

"Yeah." They both say. They take my hands and we all walk downstairs.

"So dear what are you making?" I ask.

"I was thinking Mac and cheese."

"Yay!" Mia says.

"You like Mac and cheese?" Emily asks.

"Yeah! It's great. That's what our dad used to make us."

"Then it's settled. We are having Mac and cheese. You okay with that Jordan?" Emily says.

"Yeah, I'm fine with that." He says.

"Jen, did you take your pills this morning?"

"Not yet."

"Will you please?" Emily says.

"I will right now."

"Pills for what?" Jordan asks.

Emily looks over to me with a concerned face.

"Well, I have this condition and I have to take pills in the morning for it."

"Is it deadly?" He asks.

"No it isn't. Um, do you know what depression is?" I say.

"Yeah."

"Well that's what I have. And I have to take antidepressants to help with it. So it is nothing for you to worry about."

"Okay. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that."

"It's quite alright. Emily helps me manage it and I've been doing a lot better because of her."

"Are you two married?" Mia asks.

"We are." Emily says.

"Girls can get married to each other?" She asks.

"They can." I say.

"That's cool!" She says happily.

"It is cool isn't it?" Emily says.

I look over at Emily and smile before taking my meds. After I take them I look back over at the kids.

"Why don't we watch some tv while Emily makes us lunch?"

"Yeah." Mia says.

"What do you guys want to watch?" I ask.

"SpongeBob!" Mia says.

"I bet we can find that on tv." I say while walking both of them over to the living room.

After getting SpongeBob on for them, the doorbell rings.

"I got it." I yell to Emily.

I walk over to the door and open it. My mother is standing there with some gift bags.

"Hi mom. What is that?" I say while pulling her into a hug.

"Hi Jen. These are some gifts for the kids. Today is the day right?"

"It is mom. Come in. They are sitting in the living room. Emily is making lunch right now."

"Great. Can you introduce them to me, so I'm not just a stranger walking in with gifts."

"Of course mom, let's go." I say with a laugh.

We both walk over to the kids.

"Jordan, Mia. This is my mother Sandy. She brought you guys some gifts."

"Hello." Jordan says while shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you both."

I watch them as I walk over to Emily in the kitchen.

"They are so cute." Emily says.

"I know right. If you told me a few years ago I was going to be having kids and be married to an amazing women. I would have said you were delusional. But look at us now. We have a family. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Me either."

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist. I kiss her on the neck.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too dear. Now go get the kids, foods done."

I smile at her and walk away.

I really did find my happy ending. It took a long time, but here I am, with the love of my life.