Chapter 32

JJ's POV:

I woke up breathing heavy and sweating a lot. Another nightmare about Emily dying, great. I know she's sound asleep right next to me but I still can't shake the feeling that this isn't real. That it isn't my subconscious just playing tricks on me.

I put my hand around her wrist till I feel her pulse. "She's actually here JJ" I whisper to myself. I look over at my phone and check the time. 5:38 am. Not to bad. I can make some food for Emily and then I'll just say that I already ate my food.

I walk into the kitchen and get the ingredients to make pancakes out. I also had some Turkey bacon which she likes. It won't take me to long to make them. I put my headphones in and listen to some music while I make her food.

After 20 minutes I set her plate and walked into my room to wake her up.

"Emily dear wake up, I made food"

"Fivemoreminutes" she says sleepily

"Come on its your favorite, it will get cold soon"

"Fine" she finally sits up and walks out into the kitchen with me.

I take my seat on the couch while she grabs her plate and then walks over to me.

"Hey where's your food?" She asks

"I already ate"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I ate while I was making your food"

"Okay" she says still not convinced. "Here have some of my bacon" she picks up a piece of her bacon and try's to shove it in my mouth.

"I'm full Em"

"Fine. So what are we watching, greys anatomy I'm guessing"

"Oh I finished the show when you were gone" I say with sadness in my voice

"Oh that's fine we can find something else. Did you finish Lucifer?"

"I didn't"

"Okay then let's watch that" she says

She grabs the remote from my hands and puts on the show.

"By the way since you made breakfast I'm getting lunch" she says with a grin but never taking her eyes off the screen

I don't respond to that, I just stare at her and think. 'Why does she always have to do this, I just don't want to eat, why can't she understand that'.

After she finished her food I grabbed her plate before she could get up and went to wash it. When I was done I joined her back on the couch.

"We have to be at work at 8 so we should get ready" I tell her

"Okay. I don't have anything to wear though"

"I'll grab you something from my closet"

"Thank you"

I walk into my bedroom and pick out a outfit for myself and then Emily. I gave her a red tank top (which yes I took from her apartment when I thought she passed) and some black jeans. I picked a blue long sleeve shirt for myself and also some black jeans. I walked back into the living room to give her the clothes before going to the bathroom to take a shower and then change.

When I undressed I just stared at myself in the mirror. 'I don't even look like myself. I lost a lot of weight since I last seen Emily. And I have many more scars. And even some cuts still healing. Could I hate myself even more.'

I took a quick shower and then got dressed.

I walked back into the living room and told Emily she could take a shower and I would start the coffee. She gives me a confused and concerned look when she sees my outfit but doesn't say anything about it.

She didn't take to long and we still had another half hour until work. Hopefully no one will ask about my wrapped up hand. How do you casually tell someone that you got shot in the hand because you wanted to kill yourself.

"You ready?" She asks me

"Yeah, let's go"

She grabs the keys before I could and starts to walk out of the apartment.

"You forgetting something" I tell her

"No why?"

I look and chuckle a little. "Your not wearing any shoes"

"Oh shit" she says and looks around for her shoes

I laugh a little more when she almost falls trying to get her shoes on.

"Okay all good now let's go" she says

I walk out of the apartment with her and we go to the car.

We make it to work pretty fast and go inside.

"Are you going to have to talk to Strauss?" I ask her

"Yeah I need to beg for my job back" she tells me

"Well good luck"

"I'll need it"

We walk our separate ways, I go to my office and she goes to Strauss's office. I got a bit of paperwork to do. While doing paperwork I look into the bullpen every once in a while to see if Emily came out but I haven't seen her yet.

After about a hour when I look up I see Emily walking into the bullpen. I really hope she got her job back. Soon after she walked over to my office. She knocked on the door and I told her to come in.

"So, did you get your job back?" I ask

"I surprisingly did, she kinda can't say no to the Ambassador's daughter"

"That is true"

"Well I should let you get back to your work, and I actually have some work myself so I should probably go do that" she says before walking out and shutting the door

I watched as she walked away. I soon got back to my paperwork. It's a little weird having her back, I'm not saying that I'm not happy about her being alive after all this time, but everyone was finally starting to accept her death and now she's back. It's weird.

I still love her, but I can't tell her that. What if she met someone else while she was away.