Chapter 42

JJ's POV:

I had a almost perfect day with Emily yesterday. It was nice to go out again with her. We are always just sitting in the apartment or back at work. I did something special for Emily today. I might have made a reservation at a very nice restaurant Emily was dying to go to. AVVINO. It's fine dining. We have a reservation at 6:30. I haven't told Emily and I don't plan to. I'll just tell her to dress nicely and that we are going somewhere.

It's only noon right now and we just finished lunch. My prescription is finally ready so Emily went to go and get it. Thank god. It's been very difficult without them. Hopefully I'll be better by tonight. I already know what I'm going to wear. I have a light blue dress with long sleeves, that I have been saving for a special occasion, with matching heels. I hope Emily still has that one red dress. She looked amazing in it. It was a long red dress and she wore black heels, and she curled her hair. She is the most beautiful girl in the world.

She gets back shortly after I pick out the dress and heels. I hide them in the closet and walk back into the kitchen. She hands me 2 of my pills and I fill a glass of water. I take them while Emily watches me. I know she is a little concerned whenever I take any pills. That is why she has all the pills in the house locked up and only she knows the code. I have to ask her whenever I want something. I don't mind it. And it is quite understandable after what has happened.

"I have a surprise for you later" I say with a smile.

"Oh yeah. What is it?"

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it. I'm not Garcia you aren't going to get me to talk that fast" I tell her.

"Okay that's fair" she says with a laugh. "You know I hate surprises, please just tell me"

"I will not. But I will tell you that you have to dress up nicely"

"How nice? On a scale from 1-10" she asks.

"Not saying. Just dress up nicely. When it's time I will blindfold you and drive you to the surprise"

"Why must you do this to me" she says dramatically.

"Stop being a baby. We have to be there by 6:30. So we are leaving at 6 because it takes a little while to get there. And if I see you take off that blindfold at all then we aren't going"

"Ugh fine" she says. I give her a smile and we walk over to the couch. "Tv show or movie?"

"You can pick"

"Horror or romantic?" She asks.

"I'm in the mood for a horror"

"Okay. Book of blood it is. I read the books the movie was based off of and it was great. Clive barker, great horror author"

We sat on the couch wrapped up in each other's arms the whole movie. I know that Emily could tell when I got uncomfortable or scared because she would start holding me tighter. The movie was over pretty soon. It was just around 2. We still had 3 hours until we had to get ready. Emily offered to start reading the first books of blood book. We got half way into the book when my alarm went off signaling we had to get ready. I quickly hopped of Emily.

"Come on, we have to get ready. We have 1 hour. Pick something nice, and I'm going to do my makeup"

"We need makeup to?" Emily whines.

"You don't need it. I do. You can do whatever you may like. But I swear if you don't put on something nice I will throw you out of the window"

"Okay Jesus. I will get dressed nicely and then I will do my makeup" she says. I smile with victory as I grab my makeup bag and walk into the bathroom.