Chapter 55

JJ's POV:

I find her room and walk in. She's still sleeping. I pull up one of the chairs so I am next to her.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper to her.

I take one of her hands. She's freezing. She hates being cold. I stand up and adjust the blanket on her. I then walk into the hall and find a nurse walking by.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if I could get another blanket?"

"Yeah sure. I'll have one brought by in a few minutes." He says.

"Thank you."

I walk back into her room and take my seat. He comes back a few minutes later and hands me the blanket.

"Thank you so much." I say.

I get up and put the second blanket on her.

"There you go darling. Now you won't be so cold." I say with a sad smile.

I sit back down and take her hand again.

"Please wake up Em. I love you."

I rest my head on the side of her hospital bed and fall asleep.

~~~~

I feel some movement in the bed and I quickly get up.

"Hey sleepy head." Emily says with sleep lacing her voice.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm as good as I can be for getting shot."

"I'm so sorry Em."

"It's not your fault darling." She says.

"That bullet wasn't meant for you."

"I'd take a bullet for you any day."

"You shouldn't have to."

"I know. But I will." She says.

It's silent after that. I break the silence, "Marry me."

"What?"

"Marry me." I say a little loader. "I can't live without you and I don't ever want to. So please marry me."

"Yes."

"Really?!"

"Yeah I'll marry you Jennfier."

"I promise I'll get us some real rings soon." I say with a laugh and she laughs with me.

Rossi pokes his head in. "Did I hear a wedding?"

"Yes you did." I say.

"Then it's settled, we are having it at my place." He says.

"Are you sure?" Emily says.

"Of course. I would love too do it for my favorite girls. Other than my daughter of course."

"Thank you Rossi, we would love that." I say.

"I'll leave you two alone. I'm glad to see you doing better Emily." He says and then he walks out of the room.

"So are we really doing this?" She asks.

"We are, because I love you and I can't live without you. And I hope you feel the same."

"I do, my love. Now get over here and kiss me already."

I laugh as I stand up, I lean over the bed and kiss her until we are both out of breath.

"When can I leave?" She asks.

"God you sound just like me. And you can't leave yet because you were just shot. We might be here a few days."

"Oh cmon. I'm feeling much better. Just get the doctor let me leave." She pleads.

"Nope. I won't do that. You need some bed rest. So keep your ass right where it is for the next day."

"A whole day?!"

"Yup. And then we can see about having you discharged and on a flight back home."

"Are you going to go back to the hotel?"

"Nope. I'll be here the whole time bothering you." I say with a smile.

"Thank god, I really needed something to keep my head straight here. Not this very stupid machine that just won't stop fucking beeping."

"Get some rest darling."

~~~~

"You got everything?" I ask.

"Yup. Now can we leave, the plane is leaving soon."

"Yeah we can. Let's go. And get your ass in the passenger side, you aren't allowed to drive."

"Fine." She throws me the keys and we head out the hotel to the car.

"Thank you."

We throw our bags in the car and head to the jet. The rest of the team was meeting us there and then we would go back home.

We get to the jet and the team helps Emily and I to get our stuff on the jet.

We sit down together on the couch and everyone else takes their unassigned assigned seats

~~~~

After a hour and a half we finally landed.

"Let's go home already." She says.

"We should get some food on the way."

She looks over at me amused, "Yeah sure. What are you thinking?"

"First don't look at me like that, and second maybe Chinese food?"

"Yeah I'm good with that. I'll place the order and we can pick it up on the way."

She calls and places our orders and then we pick them up.

We drive home after and finally rest on the couch.

"What should we watch?" She asks.

"The good place. It keeps coming up in recommended so why not try it out."

"Perfect."

We get the food out and start eating. I can see her looking over ever few minutes.

"Stop looking Em."

"I can't help it."

"But you can help it. So stop! I'm eating so it's all good."

"I know you are."

"Then stop looking at me and watch the show." I say.

"I am watching the show."

We eat in silence after that but I still see her look over once in a while.

"Okay I'm done, are you?"

"You have barely finished half?"

"I know but I'm full now." I say.

"Okay." She says with worry in her voice.

I clean up our food and the kitchen a bit.

"I'm going to head to bed."

"Okay. I'm coming too." She says.

We both head to our room and take our normal sides. I turn my back to her and she puts her arm over me, while being aware of her wound still.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"Goodnight darling. I love you too." I say.