Chapter 58

*Next day

Emily's POV:

It's been a day and JJ still hasn't talked to me about yesterday. It's like she just shut off from any and all emotions. She can't do this. If she does she will end up relapsing.

She stayed in bed all day. I went to the office this morning and got both of our paperwork so we aren't behind. And it's not like we had a case. I let JJ sleep for as long as she wanted. I know it will be hard for a few days because of that call. Her mother just can't let her be happy for a second.

I started her work first because she had more then I did. It took me about three hours to do hers, and then I started mine. Mine only took two hours. It was 1pm when I was finished with everything.

I get up and walk to the bedroom to see if JJ has woken up yet.

She hasn't. I got a little worried so I walked over to her and checked to see if she was even still breathing. Thankfully she was.

I will get us some food and then wake her up. I called a restaurant near by that did delivery. I got both of us some chicken soup. Hopefully she will eat it. She hasn't eaten since breakfast yesterday.

It took half an hour before the food got here. I unpacked it and put it in a actual bowl. I walked back into the bedroom with it. I set it down on the bedside table and went to walk JJ up.

"Hey darling, I got you some food."

"Not hungry. Tired." She says with a sleep laced voice.

"I know my love, but will you try to eat some of it?"

She slowly opens her eyes and sits up against the bed frame.

"There's those beautiful eyes I love so dearly." I say with a smile.

She gives a small smile back before reaching over for her food. "Thank you." She says.

"Of course. I'll be right back. We can both eat in here." I walk out and grab my food. After grabbing it, I walk back into the room and sit on the floor next to JJ.

"Why are you on the floor?" She asks tiredly.

"Because knowing me I'll probably spill it."

She gives a little laugh at that. I'm glad I made her a little happy with my clumsiness.

"This is really good." She says.

"It is, isn't it."

We eat in comfortable silence. JJ surprisingly ate half of hers before stopping.

"I'm done."

"Okay." I say. I don't want to force her to eat anymore than she already has. I was surprised she even ate this much. "I put your pills on the bedside table as well. I'll grab you some water." I say while collecting her bowl and walking out.

I set the bowls in the sink and grab a bottle of water from the fridge. I walk back to JJ and give her the bottle as well as her pills.

"Thank you." She says again.

"For what?"

"For staying."

My heart broke in two hearing those two little words spoken. Will never stayed when JJ was like this. He always made her leave and go to work. And then Garcia or I stayed with her during lunch to make sure she was okay.

"I will always stay. You never have to thank me for that."

"You're doing to much for me. I don't deserve that. Especially you staying during all of this shit." She says while gesturing to her and the room.

"My love, like I said. I will always stay. I love you and I don't plan on leaving. Just because you think you don't deserve it doesn't mean that you don't. You deserve everything and so much more because of all the shit you went through. I promise I won't leave."

"Don't make that promise." She says sadly.

"I will make that promise. I don't plan on leaving you unless death takes me. Even then I'll be waiting for you. I will love you forever."

"Thank you. I love you too Emily."

I smile at her and hop in the bed next to her.

"Just letting you know I did both of our paperwork for today and tomorrow so we don't have to go in."

"Thank you darling, you truly are a lifesaver."

"I mean I would say I'm a lifesaver for different reasons but that works too."

She laughs before moving closer to me and wrapping her arms around my waist. Her put her head right under my arm. I run my fingers through her hair and coax her back to sleep.

"Sleep well my love. I'll be here when you wake up."

I grab the book I left on my bedside table and go to the page I left off of. I quietly read it to JJ so I don't wake her. Maybe she can hear it while she's sleeping. I hope it keeps her from having any nightmares.

I do this for two hours before JJ wakes up again.

"Good afternoon my love. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept great with you here."

"I'm glad. Are you hungry? You still have some soup left over that I can heat up for you?"

"I'd love that."

"Great. I'll be right back then." I slowly get up after she unwraps herself from me. I walk into the kitchen and get her soup, I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. After it's done I grab it and walk back in the room. "Here you go."

"Thank you."

"Can you talk about yesterday?" I ask lightly. I can see her visibly tense when I say that. "It's nothing bad. You didn't do anything wrong. I just want to ask how you are doing?"

She relaxes a little bit. "I'm okay."

"I would like the real answer darling."

"I'm not okay."

"I know. So how are you feeling?"

"I'm sad. But I'm more pissed off that she said all of that."

"And you are allowed to feel that. All of it. You're allowed to be mad at her. She said some horrible things about you. And that wasn't right."

"Why does she hate me so much?" She says with tears forming in her eyes.

"She doesn't hate you."

"It sure feels like that. Why can't she just be happy that I'm finally happy? Even if it's with a women?" She says while the tears finally fall down.

"I don't know my love. She's old fashioned."

"She's shouldn't be though. And it wasn't right for her to say things about you. Because you make me so happy. That was unfair to you."

"Im okay with it darling. I've heard worse. I will only be okay when you are okay." I say lightly with a smile. "Now let's go eat in the living room. You have been in here for too long."