Chapter 45

JJ's POV:

Girls night was great. Garcia and Emily were so much fun. They did drink a bit much so Garcia passed out on our couch and Em passed out in the middle of the bed. I woke up before they did and made them some breakfast.

Emily woke up after she smelled the bacon cooking.

"Hi darling, how was your sleep" I asked her.

"My head is killing me. I shouldn't have drank so much last night"

I laugh and tell her to take a seat and the foods almost done. Garcia wakes up as soon as I start to plate the food.

"What's cooking" she asks.

"Breakfast. Now hurry up and get over here if you want to eat" I tell her. She gets up fast and takes a seat next to Em.

"Are you gonna eat anything?" Garcia asks me.

"No I'm fine"

Emily gives me a concerning look but she doesn't want to say anything in front of Garcia.

"I'm gonna take a shower" I tell them and walk off.

Emily's POV:

Is JJ not eating again? Did her mom cause this? I didn't want to say anything in front of Garcia because I don't know if JJ told her anything.

"She's acting weird" Garcia tells me.

"Yeah she is. It's probably because her mom stopped by"

"Her mom stopped by?!" Garcia says.

"Yeah?"

"Oh no. It's never good when her mom comes by. Last time her mom came she didn't come to work for days. That was a few years ago, before you joined the team" She tells me.

"It wasn't good. I told her mom to get the hell out of here because she said some shit to JJ and I wasn't having it"

"Good. She always act differently after seeing her mom. She gets in this depressive episode, if you would call it that, but she is almost never okay after seeing her"

Good to know. This just made me a bit more worried.

"Her mom said she doesn't have anymore children" I tell her breaking the silence.

"What? Why would she say that?"

"JJ told her mom she likes women. And after that Sandy disowned her. So I doubt she will be stoping by anymore"

"Jesus. I thought she was a bad mother but I never thought she was that bad" Garcia says.

"Yeah"

We finish our plates and I put them in the sink, so I can start them after JJ gets out of the shower.

"Well I'm going to head home. Let me know how JJ is" Garcia says.

"Will do"

Garcia grabs her things and say goodbye to her and Sergio and then they leave. JJ just finished her shower and I'll talk to her when see gets out.

She walks out and is in new clothes. She walks into the bedroom and comes out soon after.

"Hey JJ?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"Can we talk?"

"About what?" She asks.

"Just take a seat first"

"Okay?" JJ sits down next to me on the couch and she's obviously nervous. Her leg is bouncing and she's fidgeting with her hands. I put my hand on her leg and my other on top of her hands.

"It's nothing bad. I just wanted to see how you are doing? I know your mother stopping by was hard"

"I'm fine" JJ says.

"You always say your fine but you never really are. I'm just worried JJ"

"Don't worry. I'm fine. And if at some point I don't feel fine anymore then I will talk to you. Deal?"

"Deal. Now do you want something to eat?"

"No I'm still not hungry"

"JJ you need to eat. You barely ate anything yesterday during girls night and you didn't eat breakfast this morning"

"Emily I'm fine. Stop pushing"

"Fine. Did you at least take your meds today?"

"Yes I did" JJ says.

"Okay good. Remember that deal we made?"

"Yes, I do"

"Can I check?"

"Seriously?" JJ says.

"Yes"

"Fine" JJ pulls up her sleeves. Nothing. She pulls up her shorts to the thighs. Nothing.

"Good now stomach" I tell her. She pulls up her shirt and there are 3 new cuts. I look up at her and she has teary eyes. "I'm not mad JJ. I really just wish you would talk to me"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" she says while her tears start to fall.

"It's okay JJ. I promise it's okay" I pat my lap so she would lay down and she does. I run my fingers through her still damp hair and carefully massage her temples once in a while. I can feel her relaxing under me. Soon her cry's turn into nothing but sniffles, and then she falls asleep.

"I love you JJ" I say while still running my fingers through her hair.

I fall asleep soon after.

I wake up to JJ slowly moving off of my lap.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask her.

"I slept fine. I'm sorry for falling asleep on your lap"

"It's all good. I'm going to order some Chinese for lunch. Do you want your usual?" I ask her.

"Yeah that's fine"

"Okay"

I make the call and place the order. "It should be here in 15 minutes. Until then do you want to watch tv?"

"Yeah sure. Wanna watch the queens gambit. Garcia said it was a good show" JJ says.

"Yeah I'm down"

She grabs the remote and turns on the show. It is pretty good. A little confusing at first but good.

There's a knock at the door so I get up quickly and grab the food from the delivery guy and hand him the money.

"Food has arrived" I say while sitting down back next to JJ. I grab both of our food out the bag and we both take ours. I hand her a fork and then we sit silently eating our food and watching the show. It was a pretty peaceful night. I hope JJ talks to me more from now on. I can only hope.