Chapter 47

(Trigger warning: self harm)
JJ's POV:

After a while of setting up the geographical profile Emily, Derek and Hotch walked in.

"What did you find." I ask.

"Nothing at the morgue. Looked like basic hangings." Hotch says.

"Trish had a boyfriend. Very good in school. Nothing important in her diary. No fury, no angst. Personal touches show she was comfortable there. She was a low suicide risk if I ever saw one. I think it's pretty obvious she had everything to live for. I didn't see a single thing that would have proven she wanted to commit suicide." Emily says.

"We have her laptop and we are going to have Garcia look in it to see if she can find anything." Derek says as Reid calls.

"Find anything?" Emily asks over the phone.

"No secret hiding places, or drug paraphernalia. Ryan had a girlfriend, her name was Shaunna. No connections to Trish Leake. He got good grades. And a letter from the football couch because they wanted him to be in varsity next year. Quarterback. Ryan didn't have his own computer. " Reid says.

Everyone walks over to where Garcia had set up her devices.

"Hey, ready to delve into Trish Leake's online world?" Emily asks.

"If by ready you mean extremely capable and even more reluctant." Garcia says.

"Yeah, something like that." Emily says.

Garcia sets up Trish's laptop and plugs it into her computers.

"That's weird." Garcia says.

"What?" Emily asks.

"There's nothing here." Garcia says.

"Nothing useful?" Rossi says over the phone.

"Nothing at all." Garcia states. "Look, there's no root directory, there's no operating system. The registry appears to be blank."

"But why would she have an empty computer set up?" Emily asks.

"I did not say empty. I said appears to be blank." Garcia says.

"Meaning?" Hotch asks.

"I'm gonna need a little while." Garcia says.

Hotch taps me on the shoulder and gestures for us to go somewhere quite.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah Hotch I'm fine. I just want to solve this case."

"I got it." Garcia yells.

We walk back over to everyone else.

"It was just a basic Trojan horse. It just hid the directories, didn't erase them. Oh god." Garcia says.

"What is it?" Hotch asks.

"She was on a choking game site the night she died."

"A what?" Rossi asks while watching in with Reid.

"Uh, it's a game kids play where they choke themselves to get a buzz, to get high." Garcia says.

"They call it the good kids high. You get lightheaded and a sense of euphoria even though no actual drugs are involved. It's something kids in high school play." Reid says.

"Did Ryan have a computer?" Hotch asks.

"Not in his room." Reid says.

"What about a gaming system?" Garcia asks.