Chapter 48

Emily's POV:

I shouldn't have taken her off the case. If I didn't she wouldn't have done this. Right? Could I have seen this coming? No, I didn't. I didn't think she would do this.

JJ walks out of the bathroom and I just look at her.

"What?" JJ asks.

"I'm worried about you."

"I'm worried about me too. I'll be fine though Emily. I always am."

"You're not always fine. You keep saying you are but your not. Why won't you just talk to me about this? I want to help you but I can't do that if I don't know what's wrong. You keep pushing me away and I don't know what to do." I say while holding back tears.

"I don't know Emily. I'm fucked up. There is nothing you, or anyone else can do. I wish I knew how to fix me but I don't. I want to be genuinely okay but I don't know how to be anymore. I'm sorry I keep pushing you away but that's all I know how to do. Trust me if there was something you or anyone else could do to help me I would tell you. But I don't think there is anything that can help me."

We sit there silently for a few minutes just looking at each other.

"Do you want to be put back on the case?" I ask.

"I do, but are you going to pull me back off the second I seen a little anxious. Because if you are then I don't want to be put back on the case."

"I won't. But will you please talk to me if it gets to be a bit much. Please."

She looks away for a second before responding, "I will talk to you if it gets to be to much."

"Okay. We should get to bed so we can go in tomorrow. I'll talk to Hotch and ask him to put you back on the case."

She nods and walks over to the other side of the bed. We both get ready to fall asleep.

"I love you JJ. I really hope you know that."

"I really hate you. I hate that I still love you. You left me and for some reason I still love you. You probably slept with other people in Paris while I was drinking myself to death because I missed you. I love you so much and I hate that. I want to forgive you so badly but you hurt me."

"I know I hurt you and I'm so sorry for that. And I promise I didn't sleep with anyone when I was in Paris. I could never do that to you. When I was in Paris all I did was think about you. I wanted to call you everyday but I knew I couldn't. I checked in with Hotch everyday to make sure you were okay."

"You really didn't sleep with anyone else?" JJ asks while she turns over to look at me. She has tears in her eyes.

"I promise I didn't. I would never do that to you JJ. I love you. I don't want anyone else."

She pulls me closer to her to I hold her while she lightly cries into my chest. I place a kiss to her forehead while she falls asleep in my arms.

After a few minutes she falls asleep and then so do I.

I wake up to my alarm and JJ still in my arms. I turn my alarm off and look down at JJ who is still asleep.

"Come on darling. Wake up. We have to get ready and go to the station."

"It's to early." She mumbled quietly.

"I know my love but we have to get up. We can stop for coffee when we leave."

"Fine."

We both get up and get ready. After 30 minutes we are walking into the parking lot and driving to a coffee shop.

"JJ can you look up where the nearest coffee shop is."

"Yeah." She pulls out her phone and starts typing. "Okay the nearest one is 2 miles away. Stay on this road and take a left in 1 mile. The shop will be on the right."

We get there quickly and order. We get our usual coffees and we get some breakfast and drive back to the station.

We get there and we see Derek and Reid just walking in. I assume Hotch is already here like always.

We both walk out and head inside. I find Hotch and Rossi standing by Garcia and they are looking at something on the computer.

"Hey Hotch can I talk to you."

He nods and walks over to me.

"Can JJ be put back on the case. We talked last night and I think she will be up for it. She promised to tell me if anything gets to be to much for her."

"Yeah that's fine."

"Alright thank you Hotch."

He gives a light smile and walks back over to the group. I find JJ talking with Reid and I walk over to them. I put my arm around her waist and pull her away from Reid and bring her over to the rest of the group.

"We should go to the local high school. JJ and Emily get the parents to come by and talk to them. Tell them some of the warning signs and see if they know anything. Reid and Derek you talk to some of the classes."

We all take our orders and walk out. We go to the local high school and we talk to the parents. We tell them what they should look out for. Things like bloodshot eyes, and bruising around the throat. We didn't find anything helpful from the parents. Hopefully Reid and Derek found something.

We go back to the station and talk to Hotch.

"Hey Hotch. Did Derek and Reid find anything?" I ask.

"They found a pretty likely candidate. Christopher Summers. They are at the hospital right now. Christopher has been choking himself for quite a while. He had multiple bruises around his neck. In different stages of healing. They should be coming back soon to interview him."

"Alright."

JJ and I wait in the station for Derek and Reid to come back. After a half an hour they do. They take Christopher into a interview room that has a camera set up.

JJ, Hotch, Rossi, and I wait on the other side of the glass with a computer set up so we can hear and see what is happening in the room.

"He's not very engaged." I point out.

"Give them some time." Hotch says.

"Well it's almost Friday. We don't have any time." I say.

"Well as long as he's here, he can't post anything new to his website."

"True but the kids are still gonna play the game." JJ says.

Garcia walks in and hands Hotch a paper.

"Well no wonder he's a loner. They've moved 3 times since his mother passed away. Cut off his peer support."

"Three new schools in 2 years. That is a lot of adjustment for a kid to have to make." I say.

"He doesn't seem worried about us finding anything." JJ says.

"They aren't building any rapport." Hotch says.

"Hey they're back." JJ says while gesturing to the sheriff and Christophers father.

"Let's see what Garcia can find on his computer." Hotch says.