Chapter 44

Emily's POV:

During the movie JJ and I cuddled on the couch the whole time. JJ was watching the movie but all I was doing was thinking of what I could do to help her. When the movie finished we stayed silent. Until I finally spoke.

"Hey JJ"

"Yeah?" She says while turning around to look at me.

"Do you think we could do weekly checks?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean every week I look at your arms, thighs and stomach. I know you don't cut your stomach but I would still like to check." I ask with uncertainty in my voice.

She thinks about it for a second before responding. "If you would make you feel better then sure"

"I don't want to pressure you into saying yes. I genuinely want to know if you would be okay with that" I say.

"I'm okay with it. Truly. I mean you have already seen my whole body so I don't mind it"

"Okay" I say while smiling at her.

"Now can we take a nap for a little" she asks.

"Yeah, let's go. I was thinking the same thing" she grabs my hand and we head to the bedroom to take a nap.

*few hours later

JJ and I were both woken up to the sound of knocking at the door.

"Was someone supposed to stop by?" JJ asks.

"I don't think so. Stay in here, I'll go answer it"

I get out of bed and walk over to the front door. I answer it and Sandy is standing in the hallway.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to see my daughter"

"You need to get the hell out of here"

"I'm not going anywhere. I want to see my daughter, and your keeping me from her" she says.

"I'm not keeping you from her. I'm protecting her from you"

"Protecting her? I would never hurt my daughter"

"You emotionally hurt her. Just because your not putting your hands on her doesn't mean that you aren't hurting her" I tell her.

"Let me speak to Jennifer"

"No. I'm protecting her from you because I love Jen so you need to leave"

"You love her? That absolutely disgusting. Jennifer doesn't like women. She likes men. Whatever happened to that sweet Will"

JJ walks out of the room and into her mother's view.
"Will wasn't so sweet. He beat the shit out of me for almost everyday of our entire relationship. Some days he did it so badly I would have to call in sick to work because I couldn't walk. Is that who you would rather me be with? A man who constantly hurt me, instead of Emily who genuinely cares for me and loves me?" She says.

"That's ridiculous. Will would never lay a hand on you. And being with a women is disgraceful to our family. The Bible states that love is between a women and a man" sandy says.

"Leave now. Or I will call the cops" I say.

"They won't do anything I'm her mother"

"They will be we are federal agents" I say.

"Fine I will go. But Jennifer do you actually love this women?" Sandy asks.

"I do" JJ says.

"Then I don't have any more children" sandy says while walking away. I quickly shut the door and lock it before walking over to JJ.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. Will you take anything sharp and lock it in the safe for right now just to be sure"

"Yeah of course" I grab anything that JJ could use to hurt herself and I put it in the safe. I walk back into the living room to see JJ silently crying on the couch.

"Oh JJ" I say sadly while wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close.

"Why couldn't she just love me?" JJ asks.

"Because she is to close minded. I'm so sorry that she can't except you for who you are"

"I'm glad I at least have you" she says.

"Forever and always"

JJ stays in my arms until her crying turns into nothing but sniffles.

"Hey how about a girls night?" I ask.

"That would be great. I'll text Garcia"

"Garcia said she would be on her way with drinks and snacks within 10 minutes. And that she would bring Sergio with her" JJ says.

"Oh thank god. I miss my little man. I'm so glad Garcia took him when I left"

Soon enough Garcia is at the door with drinks and snacks and Sergio on her side.

Sergio runs into the apartment and comes right up to me meowing.

"Hello my little man" I say while picking him up and hugging him.

"I swear I think she loves that cat more the me" JJ tells Garcia thinking I couldn't hear.

"I don't love Sergio more then you. He was just my first love so I will always have a special place in my heart for him"

"You knew me before you knew him" JJ says.

"I know" I say while giving her a smile.

"That's just rude" JJ says while helping Garcia with the bags.

"Let's get this girls night started" Garcia says.

"Hell yes" I say.

We all walk into the living room and Garcia opens a bottle of wine.

"So what movie are we watching?" Garcia asks.

"Probably a comedy, I know you two don't like horror that much" I say and they both roll their eyes at me. "I'm just stating the obvious"

Garcia hands me a glass of wine and then pours herself one.

"What about me?" JJ asks.

"You my love have a bit of a drinking problem. Do you not remember when Em left. You almost drank yourself to death" Garcia says.

"I don't have a drinking problem. I was in a bad place at the time that's all. And I'm drinking with you both here so I won't go crazy with the alcohol" JJ says.

"It's okay Garcia. Pour her a glass. I'll watch her"

"See. Thank you" JJ says.

"Now let's watch this movie" Garcia says.