Chapter 14

Emily's POV:
It was the next morning and I was heading back to the department. I wanted to get here early to try and find anything. It was 6 am and Hotch was already here.

"Hey Hotch what are you doing here"

"Emily I need to show you something, last night around 3 am the department got a livestream sent to them. It was of JJ. We recorded it so if you would like to see it you can"

"Show me it"

"Are you sure Emily it's-"

"Show me the damn video"

He pulls up the video and I see JJ strapped to a chair, with a man behind her. She has been hurt I see the new wounds on her legs and stomach. I see him open a switchblade and stab JJ 3 times in the abdomen. She doesn't even scream. She just tells him to kill her and get it over with. I start to tear up as I see her lose consciousness and fall asleep. It hurts to much to see her like this. There is nothing I can do to save her. I need some time to process this. I walk into the bathroom and I start to cry.

"Why not me" I yell while staring at myself in the mirror

"Why the hell couldn't he have taken me, she doesn't deserve this"

I punch the mirror in front of me and watch the glass fall all around me. My hand is bleeding and I have some glass stuck in it. I sit down on the floor with the glass around me not even caring if it's cutting my skin. All I can think about is JJ, what if she dies and I never told her how much I loved her. I hear a knock on the door and Hotch's voice.

"Emily are you okay in there" he sounds sincere

"I'm fine, I'll be out in a minute"

I start to get up and make myself look presentable before I go out. My hand is still bleeding but before I can wrap it up I have to get the remaining glass out of my hand. After I do that I pick up all the glass on my floor and throw it away. I'll give them some money before we leave so they can get a new mirror. I walk back out and see Hotch in our conference room with the evidence board.

"Emily are you okay?"

"I'm fine"

"You have a piece of glass stuck in your leg and blood running down your pants. Your not fine"

"Oh I didn't even see that"

"Talk to me, stop trying to compartmentalize this"

"What do you want me to say, JJ is fucking missing and being tortured, and god knows what else is happening to her. You know what he did to his other victims. Even if we get her back, she's not going to be mentally okay ever again. I finally got her to feel better about herself, she finally stopped self harming and she was eating again. Now this happened, she isn't going to be okay"

"I know Emily, this is very tough and she's the last person to deserve this but there is nothing we can do to turn back time. All we can do right now is get her home alive"

"I'll call Garcia and see if she has anything"

"Good idea Emily"

I go into another room and call Garcia.

"Penelope Garcia here, speak and be recognized"

"Hey Garcia, find anything yet?"

"No I haven't sweetness"

"Does he have any family members that have a house near here that he could be using"

"Oh Emily you are onto something"

"What did you find"

"He has a grandmother, she has a house right near you, he could be using that. Sending the address to your phone now"

"Penelope Garcia I love you more and more everyday"

"Stop talking to me and go get our girl"

I run back into the conference room and tell Hotch where Alex might be. He told me to call the rest of the team and get some police to help us.

We go to the address Garcia sent and there is his car in the driveway so he must be here. We bust the door in and search the house, Hotch and Morgan search the ground floor, Rossi and Reid search upstairs, me and some of the police officers find the basement.

We hear yelling and find a locked door.

"FBI open the door"

We don't hear anything. I tell them to bust down the door and they do. We walk into the room and Alex has JJ in a headlock with a knife to her throat.

"If you take one more step I swear to god I'll slit her throat"

"Okay, okay Alex. Just talk to me. I'll put my gun away, as long as you release your hold a little bit on her throat"

"Fine"

"Okay great, now just talk to me. Tell me what's on and maybe I can help"

"I don't want to be put on death row, I want to do life in prison"

"I can make that happen, we can get the district attorney to agree to that. But first you have to drop that knife and let her go"

He drops the knife and the local police arrest him. I run over to JJ's side and hold her.

"It's okay JJ, your safe, I got you"

"Thank you Emily"

"Let's go upstairs to the ambulance and I'll ride with you to the hospital. And don't even try to say no"

"Fine let's go"

She holds onto me for support as we make our way upstairs. Me and her both get in the ambulance and head to the hospital. When we get there we sit in the emergency room and we get a nice doctor to give her stitches. She has about 17 different cuts and wounds on her. He cut her legs, and her stomach. The worse was the stab wounds. She is very lucky to not have any internal bleeding.

At least she is alive and safe now. It's going to be hard for her but I will help her every step of the way until she doesn't need me.