Chpater 12

Emily's POV:

It was later in the day and we still haven't found out much. Hotch told us we should all head to the hotel. There were only 4 rooms so Morgan and Reid took one, me and JJ took the other, and Hotch and Rossi got their own. There was only one bed in our room but we didn't mind, we knew Morgan and Reid would have wanted separate beds.

"I call the left side"

"I know Emily, you like being by the door. I would still like to know why that is, you never told me?"

"I just want to be near the door in case someone were to ever come in the room, that's all"

"Weirdo"

"It's not weird, also you can take a shower first if you want"

"Okay thank you, I promise I'll be quick"

"You are never quick when you take showers, they are at least 30 minutes" I say with a laugh

"I know" she says with a shit eating grin

She always looks so beautiful. I hate the way she thinks of herself. I've seen her look at herself in the mirror before. Last week I was walking past the bathroom and the door was open a little and I saw JJ looking at herself and crying, she was looking at her scars and I could tell she hated how she looked. I never said anything but it broke my heart seeing her like that.

I got my clothes ready while she was still showering. I turned the tv on and watched the news while I waited. 30 minutes later she walked out in a tank top and shorts. I looked over at her and I saw all of her scars. She was still the most beautiful women I've ever seen, even if she didn't want to believe that. I didn't look to long because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I just grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom.

I took my shower rather quickly and I was out in less then 10 minutes. JJ was on her side of the bed under the covers, watching animal planet, it was some show about dogs and parolees. I took my side of my bed and got under the covers. I was on my phone for a little bit before I heard soft snores coming from JJ, I looked over and she was out cold. I set my phone down and finally tried to sleep. Less then a minute later JJ threw her arm over me and she was cuddling me. She never wanted to admit that she was a cuddly sleeper. I never liked to sleep like this but with JJ it was comforting.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find JJ talking in her sleep. She was mumbling something that I couldn't make out but it was clear to me that she was afraid.

"JJ, you need to wake up"

She was still mumbling and turning in her sleep.

"JJ sweetheart you need to get up now, cmon JJ"

She shoots up from her sleep and she's breathing heavy. I don't think she realizes I'm awake with her.

"JJ you're okay now, it's okay"

"Emily?"

"I'm right here, you're safe"

I hold her as she shakes and cries into my shoulder for a few minutes.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It was nothing"

"That wasn't nothing JJ"

"I just had a nightmare about you"

"About me? What happened?"

"I saw you crying and doing some things, it was after the incident, but instead of me living, I passed away and I saw how horrible is was for you, and it hurt seeing you like that"