Chapter 25

Next day

Emily's POV:

Last night was great, I'm really glad how we finally figured out what we are. I didn't spend the night because we both still had work.

When I got to work JJ surprisingly wasn't there yet. I did get here a bit earlier then I normally would. After I sat down on at my desk I saw JJ walk in, she looked pretty happy. She saw me and started to make her way over to me.

"Hey babe" she said quietly

"Hey"

"I have to get to work but do you want to get lunch later" she said while walking over to her office

"Yeah, sure"

"Great. Let me know when you want to go"

"Alright"

Work went by pretty fast and before I knew it me and JJ were walking into a cafe. We both got some sandwiches and coffee and we found a little table to sit at. We talked for a little bit about work and any plans that we had today.

When we were walking out I a call. It was from a unknown number.

"I'm going to take this real quick, I'll meet you at the car in a second" I tell her

"Okay, don't take to long"

"Emily Prentiss speaking"

"Hello Emily"

Clyde Easter.

"What do you want Clyde"

"Our dear friend Ian has escaped from prison"

"I am in danger?" I ask him

"I would imagine so, you need to get out of here before he finds you"

I hang up the phone right after that. I have a life here now, people I care about. But if I stay here I will put them at risk. I need to leave and find Ian soon.

I walk back to JJ and tell her everything is fine and that it was just my mother that called. We drive back to work in a comfortable silence. We part ways and I can't stop thinking Ian is looking for me right now.

Me leaving will crush JJ but I have to keep her safe. I can't tell her because if I do she will beg me to stay and that everything will be fine. I need to leave as soon as possible because if I don't Ian will find out about my relationship with JJ and he will target her.

I'll stay the rest of the day but I'll be gone by tomorrow. I can't risk the safety of anyone on my team, they are like my family.

I spend the rest of the day like normal. I finished my reports and handed them to Hotch right as I thought I was okay JJ walked over to me.

"Hey Em, you busy tonight?"

"I'm sorry JJ I am busy, maybe tomorrow?"

"Yeah of course" she gave me a sad smile and it broke my heart having to lie to her

"I'll see you tomorrow JJ"

"Yeah"

I walked out of the building and to my car. When I got home I packed some clothes and I was ready to leave.

JJ's POV:

Emily was acting a little different after the call she got. She said it was from her mom and I imagine that was never good. So I didn't push for her to talk about it because I know she doesn't have a good relationship with her mom.

I wonder what she had to do today, she always wants to hang out after work. She practically begs me all the time. I need to stop overthinking this. She has a life. She's fine.

(I don't feel like writing the whole Lauren story line if you watched the show you know what happened. [If you didn't watch the show I don't know why your reading this, kinda weird, but what happened is basically Emily left to go find Ian and she found him but she got kidnapped and tortured by him and then when the team found her she was impaled with a broken leg from a table and was losing a lot of blood, and Ian had gotten away. When Emily was brought to the hospital Hotch didn't want anyone to know she was alive and had her moved to a hospital in another country to get her away from Ian. He has told everyone that she died and they had a funeral for her. She had to fake her death and went to live in Paris.] Just in this only Hotch knows Emily is alive but JJ doesn't know that Emily is still alive)

In the hospital

Still JJ's POV:

"She never made it off the table" Hotch told all of us with tears in his eyes

"What?" Garcia asks sad yet slightly confused like what she couldn't comprehend what she just heard

"No, no, no she can't be dead, sh- she can't be. No she's okay she's fine" I say while the panic in my chest rises and I start to hyperventilate. "She can't be dead she was talking to us when we found her. No this isn't real, this-this isn't. No" I say while breaking down onto the floor.

Garcia catches me right before I hit the floor and holds onto my shaking body. "How the hell could this happen" I ask

"They did everything they could" Hotch tells me

I just cry harder when I hear those words. She's really gone.

After the funeral

I can't believe she is actually gone. The one person that told me they would never leave me, did. She died right after we finally got together. We never even told the team. I can't tell them now because it wouldn't matter. She's gone and there's no getting her back. Why couldn't she just tell us, we would have kept her safe.