Chatper 23

JJ's POV:

I woke up early today and got my clothes on. I started my coffee pot and waited while I brushed my teeth. I put some makeup on and got my coffee. I was ready to leave by 7.

I got to work a few minutes later, and went straight to my office. No one else was there except Hotch but he was in his office. We didn't have to be here till 8 so I had about 45 minutes until everyone got here.

I went straight to my office and started on my paperwork. I had a about 10 different things I needed to get done before I left today. I knew these were going to take quite a while.

When I finally finished my first report everyone was finally going to their desks. Reid and Derek were talking while they were getting their things situated. Emily and Garcia were at the coffee machine and were talking about a show they both watch. And finally Rossi was on his phone while walking to his office.

I smiled at the scene in front of me and returned my attention to the rest of my paperwork. It was going to be a long day.

I got through 4 more reports before I heard a knock at my office door.

"Can I come in?" I knew exactly who is was, it was Emily

"Come on in"

Emily walked on in and took a seat in front of me.

"Do you want to go and get some lunch?" she asked with a slight smile

"No I'm all good, and plus I have to finish the rest of these annoyingly long reports"

"Are you sure? Did you eat breakfast this morning?"

I didn't want to lie to her but at the same time I just wasn't really hungry right now, and if I said no she would force me to leave and go get food so I just responded with a yes.

"Okay well then me and Garcia are going to get some food. I'll bring you back a little snack anyways"

"No I'm good Emily you don't have to"

"I'm still getting you something" she says as she closes the door and walks anyway leaving no room to argue

She comes back 20 minutes later and leaves my food on my desk as she sees me deep into my report. As doesn't say anything and just walks right back out.

When I heard the door close I lost focus and saw Emily walking away. Then my gaze feel onto the food in front of me. I took it and put it in the trash bin on the floor. I just didn't want it.

I got back into my report and continued with my work. When I was reading the case details it said everything that happened. A younger girl was chained to a wall and sexually assaulted many times throughout the course of 4 days. She was was stabbed multiple times and had a few broken ribs.

When I read through everything I felt a familiar panic rise through my chest. I got up to go and went to the bathroom.

Emily's POV:

I've been staring into JJ's office almost all day. She's been acting a little weird but I'm trying to not overthink the situation. I get up and go into her office when I see her leave and head to the bathroom.

When I walk in I see the food I left for her was not on the desk. I wanted to see if she ate it or not so I checked her trash bin that she always kept under her desk. And to no surprise at all, it was all in there. She didn't even open the container.

"Why does she always do this" I mumbled to myself

I figured I should go and check on her so I went into the bathroom.

I opened the door and walked in. I didn't see JJ so I looked under the stalls to see where she was. She was in the last stall closest to the wall. I heard muffled cries coming from JJ as I got closer. She surprisingly left the stall unlocked. When I opened the door I saw JJ sitting on the ground with her head buried into her knees. She was shaking and hyperventilating.

"JJ, it's Emily. Your safe sweetheart, no one else is here except me. Your in the fbi no one can hurt you here"

I slowly moved closer to her and put my arms around her. She slowly melted into my arms and let her head fall back against my chest.

We sat like this for a few minutes before JJ's breathing evened out and she stopped shaking. She sat up after a couple seconds but still kept her head low. I didn't want to say anything so I let there be silence before JJ finally spoke.

"I'm sorry"

"For what"

"I'm sorry for being so fucked up, I'm sorry that you have to deal with me, I'm sorry that you have to always do this because I can't do it for myself, you deserve way better then this, you deserve way more then me, I-"

I couldn't keep listening to JJ saying all of these things because they aren't true, she isn't fucked up, she is the person I deserve because she's amazing, and I don't mind helping the person that I love. And the only way I knew how to get her to stop talking was to kiss her, so that's exactly what I did.

I pulled JJ by her shirt and kissed her soft lips. I could tell that she was shocked by this but she didn't pull away. She kissed me back. We kissed for a few more seconds until I pulled away to catch my breath.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me but I had to shut you up because what you were saying wasn't true"