Chapter 18

The next day

JJ's POV:
It is nice to be back home in my own apartment. Emily went back to her place after dropping me off. I'm still quite sore but I can manage. All I want to do right now is drink until I can't see straight or get some sleep in my own bed, and hopefully without having a nightmare. I think I'm choosing the alcohol first.

I walk over to the kitchen and get the vodka from my wine cooler. I sit back down on the couch with the tv playing in the background. I drink more then half the bottle pretty fast. I feel a little sick but I don't think to think about anything so I continue to drink.

It's been about 30 minutes and I finished the bottle and went to grab another drink. I found some tequila and started to drink that. At this point I couldn't even taste it so I just continued downing it until there was nothing left. I started to feel pretty tired after a little so I put the cap back on the bottle and feel asleep on the couch.

Emily's POV:
I hope JJ is okay. I can't help but worry about her. She's been through a lot these past few days. I also hope I didn't spook her to much when I told her I loved her on the spot. I know she said it back but I still can't help but feel like it isn't real. Maybe I'll call her tomorrow and go see her.

I wake up to the normal sound of my alarm blaring in the ears. It's 6:30 and I should get ready for the day. I know JJ normally wakes up around this time so I'll stop by when I'm finished getting ready. Maybe I'll pick her up some breakfast on the way.

I took a quick shower, got dressed and was out the door within 30 minutes. I stopped by a little cafe and got us our normal orders of coffee and sandwiches. I drove to her apartment and knocked on the door. No reply. I used my spare key and walked it. I sat the food down and walked in her bedroom but she wasn't in there. I started to worry and searched around the apartment and then I found her passed out on her couch with vomit coming out of her mouth.

"Jesus JJ"

I helped her up and walked her into the bathroom to get her cleaned up. I held her hair back and she threw up more in the toilet. I helped get her clothes off and started a shower for her. I left her in her bra and underwear to be respectful but I could help but look at what Alex did to her. She had long, deep cuts all over her. I wish she would just tell me what he did to her.

"I'm fine Em" she says as she runs back over to the toilet and throws up again

"You're not fine JJ"

I hold her hair back once again. After a few more minutes she finally stops and rest her head on my chest because I can tell she's exhausted.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned off"

I help her back into the shower and wash the vomit off of her. Then I wash her hair to get the old vomit from last night out as well. After about 10 minutes she's all good to go.

"Okay let's get you something to eat, and I'll find some Tylenol for you"

"Thank you Em"

I help her to her feet and she walks into the kitchen. I look around her medicine cabinet and find her Tylenol. I grab her 2 tablets and walk into the kitchen to find JJ eating her sandwich.

"Here you go, I'll get you some water to take with that"

I grab her a glass of water and we walk into the living room together.

"I'll clean this mess up"

"You don't have to Em I will"

"No it's fine, you just eat your food"

I get the cleaning supplies from her closet and start cleaning everything from last night. I look up and see JJ zoned out. I hope it's nothing like last time. I can't help the confused look on my face. I put everything back into the closet and walk over to the couch. JJ's still zoned out.

"Hey JJ?"

Nothing

"JJ?" I move over to her and put my hand on her shoulder to bring her back

"Oh sorry, did I zone out again?"

"Yeah but only for a moment. Wanna finally talk about it?"

She's looks away from me for a moment and I can tell she's about to cry.

"It was so horrible Em. Everything he did, it just made me hate myself even more. I'm a fucking FBI agent I should have been able to take him on but I was just frozen like how I was with Rosalyn" she falls apart on the couch, crying her pretty eyes out and I move closer to her so she can rest in my lap

"I'm so sorry JJ, you don't deserve that"

"Maybe I did"

"Look to me JJ" she looks up at me "You are the last person on the planet that deserves that, I don't want to listen to how you deserve what he did to you because you don't and you never will"

She can't form another sentence without crying even more so I just hold onto her tighter to reassure her.

"Everything will be okay JJ I promise, I will never let another person hurt you. I will make it my life's work"

She can't help but chuckle at that last part.

"I love you Emily, thank you for everything. You truly are the best person"

"I love you to JJ"