Chapter 57

*Next day

JJ's POV:

I woke up earlier then I usually did on one of my days off. I decided to make Emily and I breakfast. Simple breakfast. She's probably sick of eggs, bacon and toast. So I found a recipe online about smoothie bowls. A good and healthy breakfast. I used what I had in the kitchen and I made what I found to be a really good strawberry and banana bowl.

Emily woke up to me using the blender. I could tell she was a bit mad being woken up so early.

"What are you doing? It's barely 7am."

"I'm making smoothie bowls for us." I say simply.

"Ohhh, what kind?"

"Strawberry banana. I figured we would both like it and I had it in the kitchen."

"That sounds lovely dear."

Emily takes her usual seat around the counter from me. And then my phone starts to ring while I'm putting our food in our bowls. So Emily answers my phone instead.

"Hello?" She says.

"Where's Jennifer?" Sandy asks.

"She's busy. What do you need?"

"I want to speak to my daughter. She texted me last night and I want to have a conversation about 'this' with her, and only her."

"Well she's busy, so tell me what you want to say."

"Who is it?" I whisper to her.

She mutes herself before answering, "Sandy."

My heart speeds up right at the mention of her name.

"What the hell does she think she is doing marrying you! She is a women and she is supposed to marry a man! This isn't what the lord would want her doing! She is going to hell for doing this! She is just confused and you put this gay stuff in her head!" Sandy yells loudly through the phone and I can hear every word she says.

I stopped doing anything, just standing here listening to what she has to say.

"This is an abomination!" She shouts again.

"Are you done?" Emily says simply. "Okay great. Now I'm guessing Jen told you about our wedding, which is very much going to happen unless I die. And I know JJ doesn't you want to come to the wedding if this is still how you think. Now you can come, only if you won't be a complete bitch about the fact we are getting married. It is a simple yes or no question. We don't want you there if this is how you are going to be the entire time. The simple fact is that we are going to get married with or without you being there. And we will have a lovely wedding together with the people that actually care about us, and are okay with the fact that we are both women marrying each other. If you don't show up that is absolutely fine and we will still go on with the wedding. On the other hand if you do show up you better not cause drama and god forbid yell at my fiancée, because if you do I will drag you so fast. Is that clear?"

"Fine." Sandy says.

"Fine, what?"

"I won't be there."

"Great! Goodbye then. And lose this number." Emily hangs up the phone. She sets it back down on the table before looking over to me.

"Are yo-" I cut her off.

"I think I'm going to go lay back down for a little while."

"Okay."

I walk away from Emily and go in our room. I shut the door, turn the lights off, and close the blinds before laying back down on the bed. I slowly curl into myself and I silently cry.

'Why am I crying? I figured she wasn't going to come. Why does it still hurt? Why couldn't she just accept that I'm finally happy even if it's with a wonderful woman.'

I hear a knock on the door. I quickly wipe my eyes.

"JJ can I come in?"

"Sure." I try to say without it sounding like I was crying. Emily doesn't question why the lights are off, or why the blinds are closed. She just walks in and sits next to me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm great." I say sarcastically.

"I know you wanted her to come, even if you won't admit it."

"I just wanted her to accept me for once in my life." I say while moving into her lap and letting out a repressed sob.

"I know my love. I know. I'm so sorry." She says while running one hand through my hand, and the other running up and down my arm.

"Why doesn't she love me?"

"I don't know darling. I wish I could give you the answer you're looking for. I promise you did nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing."

I peel myself off of Emily's lap and sit up. I wipe my eyes and then stand up.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"I'm fine now. Let's go eat breakfast." I say with a straight face as if nothing happened. Emily shoots me a concerned look before I walk out of the room.

I sit down on the couch with my food and I turn on the tv to whatever channel was on last. Emily takes a seat next to me. I can tell she's staring at me.

"Why are you staring?" I ask.

"I'm worried about you. You were just sobbing in my lap, and then you got off and now you're acting as if none of that even happened."

"Because I'm fine now. How's the food?"

"It's fine, but can we please talk about this. I don't want you to hold it in. You know that is never healthy for you to do. You know what happened the last-" I cut her off again.

"I'm all good now. Just drop it. I won't do anything. I'm getting better as you can see."

"I'm still worried."