Chapter 7

Emily's POV:
I watched as the paramedics put JJ onto the stretcher and into the ambulance, they said I could meet them at the hospital. I watched them drive away, the sound of the sirens filled my ears. I hopped in my car and just sat there thinking for a few minutes. JJ just tried to kill herself. I caused this, I tried to force her to talk when she wasn't ready and now she might die because of me. She's only 27 she's to young to die. I can't lose her I love her so much and I need her to know that. I started my car and drove to the hospital.

I was sitting in the waiting room for about a hour. I couldn't sit still I was worrying to much. The doctor walked into the waiting room.

"Family of Jennifer Jareau?"

Hearing that snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hi, yes that's me. Is she okay?"

"Jennifer will be okay, she lost a lot of blood but you got to her in time and she will live. We will have to keep her on suicide watch for the next 24 hours, and after that we can talk about her options."

"Her opinions?"

"She will have 3 options. One will be to get her a therapist, 2 will be to send her to a mental health facility, and 3 will be to just send her right home."

"And who will make this option for her, will she have to make it?"

"Her emergency contact will make it for her because we considered not fit to make her own medical decisions."

"Who is her emergency contact?"

"That would be a Emily Prentiss."

"That's me."

"Do you know what you would like to happen to her right now, or would you like to talk to her about it first."

"I would like to talk to her about it because I make a decision."

"Okay, well she is currently still asleep, she should be waking up soon I can take you to her room if you would like."

"Yes please."

"Okay follow me."

I walked with the doctor into JJ's room. She looked so peaceful. She had a cast on her arm, the doctor told me they stapled her arm and then put a cast on so she couldn't rip them out. I took the chair that was in the corner and moved it to closer to her bed. I held her right hand, it was colder then usual. I watched her chest rise up and down to calm me down because it meant that she was breathing. I also watched the heart monitor. I tapped my fingers to the beat, I see how this calmed her down.

I texted Hotch and told him what happened. I told him that she was going to be okay physically, I don't know how she will be mentally. He told me that he would come tomorrow morning, I also told him not to tell everyone else yet because I don't want a lot of people to be here when she first wakes up.

I was sleeping when I was awoke to a stirring JJ. She slowly opened her eyes.

"JJ?"

"Oh Emily I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was doing, I just needed everything to stop, I'm so sorry that you had to see me like that"

"It's okay JJ I'm just so happy you're okay, I can't lose you"

"I know"

"I'm so sorry I pushed you to talk when you weren't ready, I caused you to do this and I'm sorr-" JJ cut me off

"Emily Prentiss don't you dare apologize for caring about me, you did not cause this, you couldn't have even seen this coming"

The doctor walked in and asked JJ and few questions. Then she looked at me.