Chapter 30

JJ's POV:

Emily's alive after all this time. I was practically killing myself for months and yet she was alive. I blamed myself everyday for her 'death'. Why didn't Hotch think he couldn't tell me. And why the hell did he send me to a mental hospital when I actually saw her.

I need to get far away from here. I need a little time to myself. I can't see Emily right now. I love her so much but I also fucking hate her. I don't want to be with her at this moment because I just want to hold her and be glad to have her back but she doesn't deserve that right now. She can't just come back into my life and pretend that nothing happened.

I'm done, I'm officially done.

I drive to the one place that means everything to me. The pond that is in the middle of the woods. I took Emily here once to stargaze. It's my comfort place. The perfect place to die at. No sound other then the birds chirping, or the wildlife running around.

I don't want to do the same thing Emily did to me. So I'll give her a call before.

I called and on the third ring she answered. "JJ?"

"Hey Emily, I figured I should call. I didn't want to make the same mistake you did"

"And what mistake would that be?"

"Not having a chance to say goodbye"

"What do you mean by that, JJ are you okay?!"

"I will be fine"

"What's going on?"

"Nothing. We will meet again soon"

"Now wait, wait, wait for me please hang around!"

"I'll see you when I fall asleep"

"JJ please don't, I love you so much and I'm here now"

"Goodbye Emily, I really hope you have a great life. Now you won't have a burden like me holding you back"

I hang up the phone right after that. I had my gun with me still attached to my side.

I know Emily won't find me here and if she does it will be too late.

Emily's POV:

Right after JJ called me I got Garcia to trace the call to her location. It was her spot. Derek and I ran to my car during the call. When she hung up I was already on my way there. I probably broke 3 different laws while driving but it's worth it.

After 5 minutes of doing 80 miles per hour we were at the woods. I started to run and Derek followed right behind me. Right before we reached where JJ was I told Derek to walk around so JJ wouldn't see him.

I started to walk right towards JJ but keep a good distance. "JJ" I said while my voice was clearly breaking.

"Emily what are you doing here"

"I came here because I love you and I can't lose you"

"So you can't lose me but you're fine with leaving me" she says with anger in her voice

"I'm so sorry JJ, I never wanted to leave you. I truly didn't but Hotch forced me"

"There's no point in apologizing, I won't be here much longer"

Derek was making his way closer to JJ. She had her gun to her head but Derek had a perfect shot for her hand that wouldn't hit her anywhere else. I looked over at him and nodded for him to take the shot. And he did.

"No!" JJ screamed

Derek and I ran straight towards her. When he took the shot and it hit her she dropped the gun.

"God damn it Emily, why couldn't you just let me go"

"Because I-" JJ cut me off before I could say anything else

"Please don't say you love me" JJ cried out

I looked over at Derek, "We need to get her to a hospital. Can you call for a ambulance?"

"Yeah, I'll ready have one on the way" Derek stated

Me and Derek helped JJ up and started to walk towards the parking lot. JJ was struggling against us but we didn't let her go.

"Get your hands off me!" JJ yelled

"No" Derek said

"JJ we are getting you to a hospital whether you like it or not" I said

After that she knew we went going to let her go so she stopped struggling so much. We waited for another minute after arriving back at the parking lot for the ambulance. JJ was put in the back and I went with her. Derek stayed behind and said he would meet us there.

JJ didn't say anything. She sat there with a blank expression on her face as the paramedic was working on her hand.

I pray she doesn't go back into another catatonic state.

We arrived at the hospital and she still hasn't moved once. That worried me even more. They wheeled her inside and went to a bed in the ER. After they stitched her up. I went to talk to her doctor.

"How is she?"

"Her hand should be fine. I can't give you any other medical information if your not family or a emergency contact"

"I am her emergency contact"

"Your Derek Morgan?"

"What? No, I'm Emily Prentiss"

"Then you are not her emergency contact, I can't give you any information"

"Okay"

After that the doctor walked away. Why am I not her emergency contact anymore? Oh yeah. She thought I was dead. Probably not the best thing to have a 'dead' person as a emergency contact.

I went over to her bed and sat next to her waiting for her to come back to reality. She still hasn't moved once or showed a single expression. I really hope this isn't like last time.