I wish to hear your voices again (Request)

Start from the beginning

He felt so sleepy as if he had taken a long nap.

Did he fall asleep?

What happened?

Dream rubs his eyes, now staring at the lava.

Where was the popping sound?

Where was the sound of him tapping the floor?

The sound of his breathing?

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out-

Dream lets out a choked sob.

------------

"I can't believe you literally blew up TNT by the prison. What were you thinking??" Sam scolded as he, Tommy, and Wilbur walked towards the prisoner's cell. "What if the obsidian actually blew up? Ahhhh..." He groaned in frustration.

"The reason why you guys are coming with me to check on the prisoner is because plot reasons- I mean because you two blew up the blocks underneath the cell where the prisoner is!" Tommy scoffs, "So what? The bastard is safe inside of an obsidian box. What's the rush?" Wilbur agreed with a nod.

Sam sighs. "Shush."

The creeper man activates the lava doors, removing the curtains to reveal Dream crawled up in the corner. "Well, he looks fine. I guess that's all. Welp, we're gonna head to Niki's Bakery. Bye!!" Wilbur waved, dragging Tommy along with him. "Hey- Wait- Arghh..." Sam rubbed his temple. He looks back at the prisoner (his little brother)...

"I guess they're right..."

In the next few days, Dream seemed... silent. From what Sam could see from the security cameras. No initial signs of movement or he'd look around panicked. Worrying, but at least he was alive to serve his sentence. The prisoner is fine, no need to worry over him as if he was someone special. Which he was not, Sam thought. The creeper got comfortable in his gamer chair and laid back, munching on some cookies.

"Sammy? Are you there?" A small voice called out.

Sam froze. 

He looked at the cameras to notice that Dream was clearly sobbing.

"Sammy... I can't hear my breathing or myself... Oh Exdee, am I even breathing?"

Sam jumped from his seat and ran.

------------------------

Sam placed a plate of cookies in front of his younger brother, ruffling his head of fluffy blonde hair. "Enjoy." He taps in morse code on his head. Dream smiled, reaching for a cookie. The prisoner was balled up into a burrito of blankets with his other two brothers, Punz and Foolish. Foolish also reaches for one, getting crumbs on the blankets. "Aw, Foolish! You got crumbs all over the blankets!" Punz complained. "Sorry! Here-" He flicks them off, making Dream silently laugh. 

Sam smiled and sighed as he sipped on his hot chocolate, now looking out the window. It was winter. A year after getting his little baby brother out of Pandora's Box. The look of shock from people when they found out that Dream was deaf, and the horrid truth of Sam and Quackity's torturing. Sam had faced the humiliation and a small sentence of being in one of the cells while Quackity took Dreams place. The cell was cleaned up of Quackity's cruel actions, along with more things that can make the cell more comfortable to prevent the same things that happened with Dream.

Still, Dream was under watch. Not only from his older/younger brothers, but from Sapnap, George, and a few others.

---------

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out-

A small tap on the shoulder startles Dream. The blonde turns to see his two best friends. George and Sapnap didn't know how to communicate with morse, but Dream could kinda lipread, not one of the best ways to communicate but the three could still communicate. It was a starry night, just sitting on the porch of Sam's house. George pointed at a shooting star. "What do you wish for, Dreamie?" The brunette mouthed. Dream looked up, even with his small voice, he wishes,

"I wish to hear your voices again."