Ch. 48 - THE DIVINE MOVE

Amara's outfit:

Chapter Forty-Eight🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

Chapter Forty-Eight
🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

Amara stood with her back against the metal fence and a distant look on her face. She wasnt crying anymore, she was just quiet and distant as she stared at the blood on her hands.  "Amara, look at me." Argent said making Amara look at him, "You have to remember- you called me first then your mother, okay?" Agrent said and Amara nodded slightly.

"Say it. You called me first." Argent said and Amara looked away from him, "I called you-" She started to said but he cut her off. "Not 'you'. Say Mr. Argent, or her dad." Argent said and Amara nodded, "I called her dad first..." Amara said and Argent nodded. "What else? What happened?" He asked, "There were two of them..." Amara mumbled and Argent nodded.

"They tried to steal our car and they wore masks... One of them had a knife-" Amara said and he cut her off again, "You think. Don't get specific, Amara- you saw something sharp and metallic, you think it was a knife. What do you say next? If you get confused, what do you always repeat?" Argent said and Amara took a deep breath.

"It happened so fast..." Amara mumbled and Argent nodded, "That's right. Say it again." Argent said but when Amara didn't say anything he looked up at her to see her eyes gloss over again. "Amara. Say it again." Argent said and Amara shook her head slightly as a tear fell down her face.

"She- She said she loved me... I- I didn't- I didn't get to tell her..." Amara said and Argent sighed softly before pulling her towards him, wrapping his arms around her. She instantly wrapped her arms around him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

🦊

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott said as he, Lydia, Amara and Deaton walked into the clinic. "The problem is, this isn't even a person you're fighting- it just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton says.

"The shape of my best friend."

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Amara asked and Deaton sighed, "I don't know... This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?"

"Possibly...When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." Deaton explained making realization cross both Lydia and Amara faces. "Powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?" Lydia asked making Deaton look over at her, "Which Alpha?"

"My aunt." Amara said making them all look over at her, "Peter has them in a wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton." She asked and Deaton nodded. "It was." He said said. "How do you know?" Scott asked and Deaton look over at him, "Because Makena and I made it." Deaton said.