Ch. 32 - VISIONARY

Amara's outfit:

Chapter Thirty-Two⊚ Visionary ⊚

Chapter Thirty-Two
Visionary

** A strange, rhythmic pulsing rises over a barren section of woods on the outskirts of Beacon Hills. Feet pounding across the arid ground, a teenage boy carrying a little girl runs blindly through the darkness, almost like he's trying to outrun the sound. But he stumbles on an exposed tree root and crashes to the ground, making sure he got most of the impact instead of the girl.

A cloud of dust settles to reveal the boy kneeling, hands held to his ears, fifteen year old Derek Hale peers up to focus on the source of his pain. A Hunter's ultrasonic emitter stuck in the ground. Gunshots ring out behind him making him tighten his old on his eight year old little cousin, Amara.

Rising up, Derek charges off again. But another emitter piercing the side of a tree pushes him in the opposite direction. Everywhere he turns, another emitter and its intolerable screeching propels him in a new direction, pushing him, corralling him. "Derek?" Amara asked, terrified as she stuffed her face in his chest. "It's okay, Mara. We'll be okay."

Racing into a clearing, Derek slams into another young man. They whirl about to face each other. The Young Man's eyes glow, causing Derek's eyes to brighten in response, surging a brilliant yellow. "You're a Hale. Aren't you?" The boy said, glanced down at Amara who had looked back at him.

Before Derek can respond, an arrow pierces the Young Man's throat causing Amara to scream and hide her face in Derek chest again. His mouth opens in shock, Derek stares in horror and holds Amara closer to him as the Young Man collapses. As he hits the ground, the glow recedes from his eyes.

Hearing a mechanic click, the sound of a weapon reloading, Derek spins around. A hunter steps out of the darkness, raising a massive crossbow and aiming it right at the fifteen year-old boy and his cousin. Derek hugged Amara closer to him and she whimpered in fear as the hunter fires.

But a hand snatches the arrow right out of the air. A young Peter Hale snarls in response, fangs bared, and snaps the arrow in half. The Hunter drops the crossbow and a gun appears almost instantly in his hand. "This is the last time you babysit my daughter." Peter said as he grabbed the still stunned Derek and drags his daughter and nephew into darkness as gunfire blasts through the night and down dirt-covered stairwell leads down to a root cellar, long overtaken by unchecked growth.

While the shouts and footsteps of Hunters echo down from above where Peter holds a terrified Derek and Amara in his arms, keeping them still.**

Gerard sat in a wheelchair inside a room at the nursing home, wiping some black liquid away from his nose and mouth when the door opened. "Did you bring her?" Gerard asked before turning around to look at Allison and Amara, "Oh, come in, Amara, and give an old man something for his pain." Gerard said as he pulled up his sleeve and held his arm out.