Ch. 27 - FIREFLIES

Amara's outfit:

Chapter Twenty-Seven⊚ Fireflies ⊚

Fireflies

"You lost them?" Derek asked over the phone and Scott nodded slightly, "Yeah, we kind of had to." Scott said and Derek sighed. "Wasn't exactly the plan..." Derek said, "I know, which is why I think that we should stick together. Trust me- he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for only two people to handle. We've got to do this together." Scott said.

"Look, I'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet me here?"

"Yeah... Just got to drop something off first..." Scott said, lowering his phone as he looked over at where Amara was crouched in front of two little kids. Boyd had changed the two of them and probably would have killed them so now Amara was telling them random facts about fireflies to calm them down.

** "She tried killing you." Allison said after Amara had finished explaining what Victoria did. "Yeah... That's why Derek bit her. He told me that he wasnt really thinking, he was too worried about me." Amara said and Allison stared at her with glossy eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Allison asked and Amara sighed softly before looking up at her, "I couldn't let that be the last memory that you had of her. It felt like hell when my last memories of my dad was him trying to kill all of us... I didn't want you to have to go through that." Amara said.

Before Allison could say something, someone walked up making them look over to see Scott and Derek. Derek who was carrying Erica's body. **

"Is it them?" Scott asked a little while later as he, Amara and Derek stopped, looking at a couple sets of footprints. "I guess we're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Amara said as she glanced around and Scott raised his eyebrows slightly, "Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" He asked and she sighed and shook her head slightly.

"I don't know." She said and Scott looked at Derek, "Derek... I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone that they find?" He asked and Derek and Amara glanced at each other for a moment.

"Everyone and anyone."

Somewhere within the woods, a girl named Caitlin stood around at a little camp area, calling out for her girlfriend. Hearing a low growl Caitlin begins to turn to see a transformed Cora stepping into the light, growling at her. But before Cora could do anything, Isaac jumps down making Cora look at him.

Isaac slowly looked up at her and smirked before running at her. Cora went to swipe at him but Isaac easily knocks her down and Cora looked up at them and growled loudly before getting back up. She grabbed him, tossing him back into a tree making him fall to the ground. He looked up at her as Scott jumped over him, kicking Cora to the ground.