Ch. 5 - THE TELL

Amara's outfit:
Video Store -

Amara's outfit:Video Store -

School / Lydia's House -

Chapter Five🐺 The Tell 🐺

Chapter Five
🐺 The Tell 🐺

Amara walked into the back room of the video store where she worked and set a box of movies down. She sighed out of boredom before pulling her ear buds out, "Can someone help me find the Notebook?" She heard someone call out making her furrow her brows slightly.

She walked out to the main area to see Jackson glancing around making her raise her eyebrows in amusement. "You're looking for the Notebook?" She asked making him look at her, "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked and she pulled on her name tag. "I work here dumbass." She said making him roll his eyes as she walked around the front desk.

"Romance section is next to the Horror section. That placement was my idea." She said with a smirk as she walked down the aisle. Her smirk fell slightly when she caught the sent of blood making her slow to a stop as she glanced around for a moment. Jackson was about to walk past her but she held her arm out to stop him.

"What the hell is it?" He asked and she didn't say anything, just nodded at something making him follow her line of sight. Sticking out of one of the aisle was a pair of feet laying there unmoving. Amara slowly walked closer, Jackson following close behind. They made it to the aisle and slowly peeked around to see Amara's boss, dead on the floor. Blood everywhere.

Jackson staggers back and tumbles right into the ladder. It goes down, wires snapping with it as a spark flies from the light fixture. With an electric crackling, all of the lights flicker and die, plunging the store into darkness.

The sound of movement makes Amara spin around and a shelf rattles, DVD cases trembling as something largemoves behind it. "Seriously? Here? Now." She mumbled, knowing exactly what was between them and the exit.

Amara grabbed Jackson's arm and pulls him behind a shelf, him trying to steady his near-hyperventilating breaths. Amara doesn't even tempt to calm her rapid heart breath or breathing, the alpha knew where they are. Being quiet sure as hell wasn't going it change that. Slowly, Jackson peers up above the stacks of DVD's when suddenly, one of the shelves rocks forward. And then, like dominoes, they begin falling toward them, DVD's flying through the air.