Whos the right person for me

~Chapter 126~
       Who's the right person for me

Chases POV:
If I'm being honest, I am very worried about Charli. I know I seem like the worst person in the world for not really caring that she kills people, I seem selfish because the only thing I care about is the consequences this will bring to her but Charli had the right idea in her mind when she killed all those people.
It's not like they were innocent? I wouldn't wanna marry her if they were innocent.

She isn't a bad person, she's not a serial killer. If anything, she's done more good then bad in the world. I like to forget the fact that she has killed people, it still scares me to this day obviously but i trust her. I know she'd never do that to me.

I walked out the door

Charlis POV:
Excuse me?? He can't invite someone else to stay at my house?? Not only do I not like mason? But he tried to sabotage me? He tried to get me to ruin everything.
Why? Who knows.
But he isn't my friend and he sure as hell is not welcome in my house.

Charli: "get out of my house"
Mason: "I'm sorry Charli"

He walked up to me

Charli: "no you aren't"
Mason: "yes I am. I just wanted you to like me, I knew it was wrong but I also knew it would get you to like me more so I did it anyways."

Why does he want me to like him so bad anyway?

Charli: "why do you need to be liked by me?"

He sighed

Mason: "uhm- well I don't know? You're chases soon to be bride and that will make us family"

No thanks.
He isn't my family by blood and he never will be, so he will never be apart of my family

Charli: "don't pretend like youre part of his family"
Mason: "why can't I be?? Yeah I know I haven't been here these past few years? But I'm trying now? And chase needed me, Where were you when he was all alone and needed someone? He needed a friend and you weren't there for him."

I wasn't there for him because we were on a break??

Charli: "do you-"
Mason: "You're a selfish person Charli?? You know chases only friend before me was his therapist? And you know who's fault that it? Yours??! He goes to therapy for one reason and one reason only and that's you?! You've messed up his life?? You ruined his life"

I slapped him

Charli: "I don't know how many more times Il have to say this. Get the fuck OUT OF MY HOUSE?!"

How dare he come I'm here and criticize me?! I've apologized to chase a thousand times over?? I know I messed him up? I know Ive hurt him? But that was in the past.

Mason: "I am so sorry Charli- that stuff just came out-"
Charli: "I've given chase the opportunity to leave so many times because I know that I've messed up his life in a lot of ways but he kept coming back, no matter how hard I tried to get rid of him."

Chase could have left, he never does though.

He sighed

Mason: "Okay, I'm sorry. You're right, this isn't your fault. You didn't ruin his life"

I might have. I most likely did but he likes it when I ruin his life I guess

Mason: "listen Charli I am so sorry for everything... I- just- never mind."

What? If he's gonna give an apology at least make it good?

Charli: "what?"
Mason: "I'd be a horrible cousin if I said it."

What? Said what?

Charli: "said what"
Mason: "it doesn't matter. Just know that I'm sorry"

...

Charli: "alright I forgive you, I've done my share of bad things in the past too, just tell me. Why if the world would you give me a drink? What made you think that was a good gift for an alcoholic"

I laughed

Mason: "i- I don't know- I think I should go"

What why? Il be here all alone

Charli: "why?"
Mason: "do you want me to stay?"

I shrugged

Charli: "do you wanna stay?"
Mason: "yeah- well if that's okay with you?"

I nodded

Mason: "is it weird that we're friends?"
Charli: "why?"

He shrugged

Mason: "because im 10 years older than you?"

10 years-

Charli: "that's fine. I've been with people older than that"
Mason: "im not usually friends with people your age. But you- your just mature"

Mature? I never thought of myself like that.

Charli: "I'm not that young. I'm 26. I'm an adult, if you think about it technically we have the same mental age because we are both young adults"

I made that up

Mason: "charli I'm 37, I'm almost 40. I'm not a young adult"
Charli: "you are for another 3 years"

I smiled

Mason: "can I tell you the real reason I gave you that alcohol?"
Charli: "yeah"

He looked me in the eyes

Mason: "I didn't want You and chase getting back together..."

What why??

Charli: "I told you already? I'm not gonna hurt Him again-"
Mason: "no. That's not the reason why I didn't want you to get back together..."

Then what?

Mason: "I didn't want you to get back together because I don't think he'a the right person for you..."

He doesn't...

Charli: "then tell me...? Who is the right person for me..."

He walked closer to me
My breathing got faster
I felt his hand grip on to my hand

The door opened and he quickly let go of me

Chase: "I went all the way there just to find out I forgot my résumé"

I laughed awkwardly
Chase walked inside

Chase: "oh there it is"
He walked over to me and grabbed it behind me

Chase: "charli you're shaking? Are you okay?"

He grabbed my hands

Chase: "are you sick? Do you have a cold?"

I shook my head

Charli: "no- no. I'm fine."

A/n
Somethings up 😳
Poor Chase 😶

Happy 2 years of chacha!!!

I'm curious 🤨 who's your guyes least fav character in the whole book hehehe

Word count - 1037