Therapy

~Chapter 48~
Therapy

Charlis POV:
I just can't believe this is even happening right now. He has the audacity to come here and interrupt MY therapy session and just join in? The only reason I'm doing this is because I want closure, I want to stop thinking about him forever and I want to move on.

The whole reason I come to therapy is because of him. Because of what he did to me. He broke my heart. He acts so innocent but he's not.

Dr.Chen: "Charli, it's clear you have some sort of grudge against Chase. Can you tell him why"

It's obvious

Charli: "he-"
Dr.Chen: "tell him, not me"

I sighed and looked at him

Charli: "you broke my heart. I trusted you and I haven't trusted anyone for a long time, you were the only good thing I had and you left for what?"

He looked up at me

Chase: "you know what Charli? I'm sick of this? I pretend like Im not still hurt after what you did to me all those years ago, but I am. You ghosted me, I trusted you and you pushed me away"

Is he really talking about what I did 10 years ago??

Charli: "I did that for you?!! I did it for your own good! I was a burden that you couldn't carry. I helped you."

He knows I helped him, he just doesn't want to admit it

Dr.Chen: "guys please calm down."

This was a bad idea

Chase: "helped me?! You're the reason my family is dead?! You're the reason I wanted to die"
Charli: "what?! How did I have anything to do with that?!"
Chase: "if I wasn't thinking about you then I would have never crashed??"

He never told me that? I'm obviously not blaming myself but I never knew I was the reason he crashed??

Charli: "IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOU ARE LIKE OBSESSED WITH ME OR SOMETHING?!"

He laughed

Chase: "obsessed?! No. THE ONLY PERSON WHOS EVER LOVED YOU IS ME AND YOU THREW THAT AWAY LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. GOOD LUCK EVER FINDING ANYONE ELSE"

What the hell- that was harsh.
Never heard him that angry

I looked back at him and he looked upset

Chase: "I am so sorry- I didn't mean it like that love-"
Charli: "don't call me love?! I'm not your love?! And I will never be your love?!"

Dr.Chen: "ok well it really does seem like you guys have a lot more problems then I thought"

This wasn't at all what I expected.
But you know what? This is better.

I got my closure.

I don't want to do this anymore but I'm probably paying for the full hour so I can't really Leave now

Dr.Chen: "Chase, do you feel charli is being unfair?"

Unfair?!

Chase: "no... I understand why she is mad... and I should not have yelled at her like that. I just want her to understand that she's not the only one who's hurting and even though I broke up with her... it still hurts the same"

No.

Dr.Chen: "Charli why don't you tell chase some ways you coped"

He wants to know the ways I coped? Fine.

Charli: "I rebounded on you with 27 different guys"
I smiled

Chase: "what??"
Charli: "that's right"
Chase: "doesn't seem like your hurt at all"

I rolled my eyes

Dr.Chen: "Chase you have to understand that other people have different ways of coping"
Chase: "I know..."
Dr.Chen: "have you tried that?"

What? No? I didn't mean it as an actual suggestion?!

Chase: "tried what?"
Dr.Chen: "rebounding, it works for a lot of people"

He sighed

Chase: "I'm not single though"

What?! He is dating someone else- Blaire. Of course. Of course he went back to her because he is that pathetic. He picks her over me Every time

Charli: "why do you keep going back with her?! You finally got out of that relationship?! And you went back?!"
Chase: "stop acting like I don't like her?"

He doesn't

Charli: "you don't like her?! You know it, I know it, everyone knows it?? You Just don't want to admit it because you're pretending like everything is all right so you can help take care of her kid?"
Chase: "you don't know that?? You can't tell me about how I feel about my wife"

It's obvious

Dr.Chen: "please you guy, stop arguing. This isn't how this works."

It is not my fault he keeps doing this

Dr.Chen: "Can we all just start over, this is a mess and I feel you guys need more sessions"

No No No. I will not go to another therapy session with him??

Charli: "no. This isn't couples therapy. I will not go to another class with him"
Dr.Chen: "okay well looks like you guys will never end things in good terms"

Good terms? Maybe I don't want to end things on good terms.

Dr.Chen: "now Charli, why don't you tell Chase the real reason you "hate" him?"

I do hate him why did she say it like that

Charli: "he already knows"
Dr.Chen: "I've been working with you for 4 weeks now Charli, I know what you are feeling and it's not hatred"
Charli: "it is"

Chases POV:
I feel really bad I said those things to her, I got out of control and when I get mad sometimes I just blurt out random stuff that I don't mean. She really doesn't like me and I understand why.
But she can't be mad at me? We had a deal, she told me if anyone found out then we could break up and blaire found out so we broke up...

Charli: "I hate him."

...

Dr.Chen: "it's not hate Charli it's betrayal"
Charli: "nope it's hate"
Dr.Chen: "you don't hate him you want to hate him because you think it will hurt less, you feel betrayed that he broke up with you for blaire"

She doesn't hate me?

Chase: "charli... I didn't break up with you for blaire... I broke up with you because of Blaire"

A/n
So this whole chapter was a "therapy" session which clearly did not go very well.

THANK YOU FOR 170K READS ON MY OTHER BOOK!

Word count - 1039