Chapter 4

Yulia's POV:

Based on my age, I think it was two years after I became an adult that the imperial family was annihilated in the original story. 

There was still plenty of time.

“But when I get back, and you’re not here, you’d better be prepared.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“No way.”

He was obviously smiling but he was emitting a creepy aura.

“But I’m a man who will do anything to get my things back.”

“……”

“Don’t be so scared. Anyone who sees you might think I’m hurting you.”

No? Isn’t he threatening to hurt me now?

I felt a little scared to talk now.

He was speaking so sweetly and kindly this morning that I almost fell for it, but now I’m not going to be deceived.

“Yulia, do I look like someone who will harm you?”

Yeah, you look like that.

In the novel, you slaughtered the imperial family in front of Yulia who was infatuated with you.

After that, he told Yulia to no longer bother him anymore, and that was merely a warning. 

It gave me goosebumps to think about it.

Even in my point of view, Yulia was extremely pretty.

How can you not fall in love with such a beautiful woman, who was head over heels with you?

Would you have thought of exterminating an entire family just because you were annoyed?

If you say yes, then the victim should just quietly avoid you and not bother you, to protect her family.

Since the plan of not getting involved with the villain failed, I should keep in mind every action I make.

“I’m not going to hurt you.”

Yeah. You’re not going to hurt me.

It wasn’t you who killed me in the original, but the feeling of helplessness and self guilt. That’s why Yulia killed herself. 

I was an extra with such a miserable ending.

“So, don’t look at me with an expression of fear.”

He hugged me and buried his face in my shoulder. Why did I feel a sense of guilt?

I really didn’t know the reason myself. Why was he trying to trick me again?

“What scares me is not you, but the situation of my father and brother knowing about this.”

“…Yulia.”

“Yes?”

“When would be a good time for a wedding?”

I blinked my eyes at his words. What did I just hear? His words were unrealistic.

I was embarrassed but I hid my embarrassment as much as possible and asked him a question.

“Whose wedding?”

“Of course it’s mine and Yulia’s marriage.”

He replied as if answering the obvious.

Maybe it was obvious to him, but I was shocked.

Ah. I really want to cry. How did my life end up like this?

“It’s Yulia who seduced me first, so you have to take responsibility for me.”

“I don’t remember anything at all….”

“Did you have enough for breakfast?”

He whispered softly in my ear. His lips slowly descended from my neck and touched my collarbone.

Then, his lips overlapped mine.

My head told me to refuse, but the kiss was so sweet that it paralyzed my sense of reason.

I thought I had to push him off, but I got drunk on him as the kiss eroded my head.

At that moment, his movements around his waist were unusual.

As I regained my senses, I didn’t want to continue anymore so I pushed him away as hard as I could.

“… don’t you like it? You seemed to like this kind of thing. Was I mistaken?” 

“Chester, how am I supposed to take responsibility?”

“Of course by marrying me.”

“I can’t get married, is there another way?”

“No there isn’t.”

He was very determined, but I was stubborn to find another way.

“There’s a reason why I can’t take responsibility through marriage.”

“……”

His eyes staring at me scared me, but I still wanted to say add more.

Marriage is for a lifetime, so I didn’t want a marriage without love.

And, he eventually meets the heroine who he falls in love with. He gets so obsessed that he wants to possess her.

I didn’t want to be involved in any of that.

He seemed to want to hear the reason so he stayed quiet. Ignoring my trembling heart, I confidently said my reason.

“I have someone else in mind that I like!”