Epilogue

Serenity

My veterinary clinic was so busy today, there were pet owners coming, in an out constantly. I was inspecting a baby Pomeranian on a small pet bed. I also owned a pet pharmacy that was being taken cared of by my staff.

The career of a veterinarian is a rewarding career because one has the opportunity to care for beings who can't care for themselves. I pulled on a pair of sanitary gloves and my assistant Lulia passed me a chart.

"This looks like a case of canine distemper."

She was preparing some files for treatment but I needed to look over the diagnose the results. Being a veterinarian should be obtained by a person who enjoys caring for animals, and sometimes having to care for their owners when they have to make hard decisions.

I helped them with that while offering council and guidance.

Astral walks into the center with his sister, he wraps his arm around her shoulder annoyingly and she tries to force him off but he was too strong.

"Get off me turd!" She grumbled.

He responds with a grin.

"Your hair is giving me Hershey's vybe."

His face buried in her curly strands and she hits him in the gut.

"No fighting in the center you two."

She crossed her arms, "Mom, he started it."

He rushes over to me, watching as I gave the little Pomeranian a dose of injection.

"Suklaa, Stravos wants to see you after your basketball practice."

Pronunciation - Suklahh.

Her name means chocolate in Finnish.

"Dad gets annoying at times, does he always have to watch all my games?"

She complained.

I smiled, holding the dog gently.

"He is your father, let him cheer you on, you are the ace on the team."

The bell on the door tinkles and Sirion strolls in chewing on a gum, he takes up a small bottle of Apoquel tablets from a shelf. They were administered for allergies, itching and inflammation. His hair was in a mohawk with the sides dyed red.

I saw a skull on his wrist and I frowned, he got another tattoo.

"Bro!" Astral shouted almost in my ear and I winced.

He apologized.

"Sorry mom."

Sirion came over and he glares at Suklaa, she pushed a middle finger at his face.

He rolls his stormy blue eyes, "You again?"

"It's not like I was looking forward to seeing your vampire looking face Edward."

She muttered.

".. please, you are all siblings, try to get along for my sake."

I scolded them sternly.

"Now, you all need to go outside, you are distracting me."

They all nod, leaving together. Asral placed his hand on Suklaa's head and she bites it. I smiled to myself, they're a handful of teenagers but they were my kids.

It was my passion, working with my staff and helping every animal that comes here so I can treat them. It really keeps me on my feet but the most amazing thing is, all the stresses and sweat of productivity is melted away in the arms of my husband.