Chapter 5

Stravos

As the stamina that I've been saving from last night roars into each mile, the car breathes and takes energy as if it were a part of me. This is the last straw; my patience has worn thin. Serenity will not return the necklace unless she receives an apology, which will never happen, now, I'm forced to drive to Woolworth's residence.

I bent my neck from side to side, cracking the bones inside. That necklace was designed in Egypt. The diamonds and materials were put together to resemble an ancient lost relic that was worn by Queen Nefertiti. If she ever loses that gem, it will cost her a fortune.

Why did she take it? Is this some kind of payback or is it that she just wanted to get her little grubby fingers on something expensive.

It was a cold grey day and the weather had changed drastically overnight. A backing wind brought a ghastly sky and drizzling rain, although it was now only a little after eight.

The hills and mountains flashed past me. My emotions are sometimes like a garden extinguished by thorns that change and wither at the same time, people think I am for fun but I am not tolerant. If you can't find a way to solve your problems, you may have to face your weaknesses.

The road in front of me suddenly becomes foggy, and my eyes cloud with tears. The misty gray sky reminded me of how small my once vibrant life had been.

I slowed the car at the second red light. A thing of beauty is a flowery joy that silences you forever, see how beautiful it becomes and goes into nothingness.

A series of honking horns enveloped me as the drivers behind my car waited impatiently for the traffic lights to pass.. I'd been gazing upon her death bed for a few moments in time.

Our eyes watched gravely that cold day when the coffin board had rested upon her breasts, a heavy stone that haunted my heart.

But somehow, I'm now at peace because her stormy soul was now at rest.

The people on the streets were going by with swift careless feet, with sighs and smiles, a song both sad and sweet. Humans were contradicting beings, spontaneous as well but quite unpredictable. The thought of this, could not clarify the pulse in my neck but it undid me again, it possessed me.

The light changed and I drove off. Over the city, the sun rides in a thick mist, scarred by a faint rainbow. My stomach lurched and the appetite that has left me a few days ago was coming back to haunt me.

My eyes widened at the sight of a man standing by a crooked stop sign on the now-damp pavement. The hair on his chin must have been longer than Moses's beard, taking keen note of his wrinkly features for a mere second. The sight allowed a heavy dose of nostalgia to give birth to my conscience.

My car's engine nearly coughed as the weight of my calf slid a little too far down the throttle shaft. I took one last look at him and noticed his eyes looked like river stones, and he was crying. There are many broken people.

Along the way, I've learned a lot of life lessons. There is no peace in being on top of everything, and it is our prayers that keep the happiness alive in our hearts and souls.

I arrived at Woolworth in record time, and security opened the gate, allowing me to drive inside.

"This is the famous Woolworth house."

A young woman with long blonde hair walks out of the building, laughing, clinging to someone I recognize. When I saw my necklace sitting comfortably between her pompous breasts, my blood turned corrosive.

As I marched over to them, they both gasped, now glued to the ground, "Why are you wearing my necklace?"

Blondie was staring at me from head to toe, and Glenn appeared to have seen a ghost.