Chapter 45

Serenity

I stared at the ocean, awestruck by the beautiful sight and sudden gust of wind blew past me, each individual strand of my hair, crossing my face.

Stravos sets up a large umbrella to shelter us from the hot rays and I kicked sand between my toes. We brought all the stuff we needed for this awesome day together. I splayed out a big towel and he gently rests the double - infant car seat carrier in a cool area.

He treats me so well and there isn't enough words to show how much appreciated him. I was able to find the strength I needed with him at my side.

I'm going to definitely see him without his shirt on this time!

Spying on him from the corner of my eyes, he isn't making an effort to remove it.

Today's mission, Get Stravos to take off shirt, was what I've written down in my journal.

The sound of the waves crashing against the shore, seagulls swooping overhead and the strong scent of sun screen surrounds me. This is just what I need after spending so much time to study and complete my daily projects, it's been going well, my grades are decent.

The sand cushions the landing for a teenager, diving to make his shot in a volleyball tournament. Excitement buzzes around the pitch as the ball is repeatedly, majestically played back over the net.

It's going to be a big game.

Beach shops prepare for their day of excited costumers, bustling in and out of their small seafront shops. Opening the doors, they bring out all of their beach products whilst looking out to the sea, I could see the large cruise ships on the worlds edge.

A life guard was putting together sandwiches, cold drinks, wind breakers and towels, all bagged up and slung over his shoulders. He's going to crush the sandwiches that way.

Sirion and Asral were both sound asleep as Stravos gently tucks them in, even though he's a lawyer, I found out from Kris that he was working part time to support us. I cried for the whole time that day, he cared about me that much.

He didn't want me to worry about him but of course I would, he's not going to carry all the work on his shoulders alone, I'll get a job as well.

I was trying not get all sappy and emotional, staring at him as he closes his eyes to relax. He stayed up most nights to watch and care for the babies. I glanced away, feeling my eyes water.

There's no way for me to thank him for his support and selflessness. He's no knight in shining armor but a man who seeks no honor for himself and does the best he can.

Whenever he speaks, his words were few, like a small drop of ink that can produce a thousand words. His affections were that of love and friendship, not the erotic kind that stirs passion but respect.

He turns to me and I gasp, blushing warmly.

"The heck you staring at mate?" I retort, "There are other things to look at."

He laughed but when he did, there was merriment in his eyes, like magical swirling stars, spiraling through space.

He smiled more kindly, and calmness pervaded. I had avoided looking at him because my heart was walking into a flurry meadow.

I had been lost in the darkness, dancing to the musical sound of Glenn's craftiness, aroused by his sensual beauty.

But then the music had stopped, the energy was gone, and now there was nothing but a barren desert.

"I was watching you make a record in your journal."

He smiled again, more gently, but I could tell as though divine providence has touched his soul, that he was amused and I wondered if he saw what was written.