Chapter 3

Serenity

I sat down on a park bench in a tree-lined area. This location served as my spiritual haven throughout these trying times. There are many unknown seasons ahead, and I'll undoubtedly be alone. We became a part of the sun's eternal painting as it painted the sky a golden color.

My breathing ceased. I noticed Stravos with a woman not far away.

He pulls her into a kiss while slipping his fingers into her hair. She resembles a model out of Vogue. People were looking at her with interest. From behind him, a young child emerges. He has a daughter, right?

As the little girl began to move in my direction, I hid behind the tree. She'll turn around if she thinks I'm suspicious. My bottom lip twitched as sweat drained down the back of my neck.

"Hi!"

I jumped.

She smiles wide, glancing up at me. Her green eyes sparkled with interest, "Do you want to play?"

"Honey, you know, trees don't talk."

I tried to scare her, I'm a ghost! "Boo!"

She giggles, "You're the prettiest ghost I've ever seen!" She held onto the hem of my dress. "You're not a ghost."

"You shouldn't grab someone's clothing like that little one."

"My mommy is a model, I'll let you meet her." She ran off.

I turned to make a break for it but bumped into someone, it felt like hitting a wall. I groaned, rubbing my nose, "You should look where you're going!"

I glanced up to see eyes like the vast ocean, staring into mine.

"I should be the one saying that."

"Glenn, what are you doing here?"

He had that roguish edge with that bit of stubble.

"They're selling ice cream nearby, so I made a stop."

I couldn't look away, it was as if those lightning blue-sea eyes trapped me.

"Do I have something on my face?" He asked and smiled.

"N..No."

He cocks his brow, "You're staring."

"Sorry."

My cheeks felt like they were being pressed against two hot plates. Stravos was approaching. He looked like he was ready to behead me. The air took on a higher temperature when the ocean met the earth. Their marvelous eye colors were piercing.

He spoke between clenched teeth, "I need to have a word with you. In private. "

There's no way for me to counter his stern eye. I stepped forward and gasped when Glenn held my wrist.

"What is the nature of this discussion?"

"This has nothing to do with you. I have business with the girl."

His hand came nestling around my waist in such an abrasive, protective manner, and I melted into his touch. He belongs to Angie, so his approach drove worry and fear into my aching soul. My conscience gave me a warning, shredding away the will to stand close to him.

"She's my girlfriend and we're about to leave for a date."

They were glaring at each other, and my eyes elevated to take a glimpse at the man, standing at my side like the unshakable wall of Jericho. He's excessively handsome, well proportioned, and virile. Blood rushed to my face as I gazed at his sharp features.

Stravos steps closer to face him head-on. The muscles in his arms flex, and the veins pour down into the strength of his forearms, lightly dusted with hair. He had the figure of a Roman Spartan, sturdy and rough. His devastatingly good looks were very hard to miss.

Glenn's hold on my waist got tighter as if he was marking his territory. I was tiny compared to them. I unlatched myself from him, taking a few seconds to regain my composure.

"You treated me terribly the last time, Stavros. Apologize now. " I commanded.

He laughed from his chest and shook his head. I wished it would fall to the ground.

"I will never apologize." You will return what you took from me or there will be dire consequences. " He said, walking away.

I sat down on the grass, feeling relieved to see him go, and Glenn did the same.

"Why did you say that?"

"Say what?"

"That I was your girlfriend."

He took a while before answering, "You needed help." I couldn't just stand there and let that guy have his way with you. "

"I was in a real pinch. You have my gratitude. "

"What did you take from him?"

"Nothing significant," I murmured.

He chuckled, gazing up at the sky as the wind blew through his hair. The sight of him captivated me beyond words. "Seems to me like it is."

He looked at me. I looked at him.

My carnal flower throbbed and budded when his fingers brushed mine. Is this a desire? The feeling frightened me but also made me excited. I shyly glanced away. I'll just say goodbye and leave. I turned towards him, and he claimed my lips. A large hand cups the back of my head, drawing me closer, deeper.

My heart pounded loudly in my chest as my limbs grew devastatingly weak. The kettle whistled. His thumb throbbed at the hollow of my neck, rubbing up and down, pulsing with warmth as his tongue conquered the depths of my mouth, hungry and consuming, luring me into his fire.

I tore away, caught between an array of feelings, but I couldn't fight the tears. Guilt clouded his features. I got up and ran off.

"Serenity!"