Chapter 42

Stravos

"I am getting fat."

Serenity moans, shifting from one foot to the other.

She tugs on the bottom of her shirt, staring at herself in the mirror with frustration. I was putting some stuff she'll need in a small traveling bag; water, prenatal vitamin, moisturizer, a full body pillow and other essentials.

I was taking her to a doctor's appointment.

Glenn hasn't called or care to find out where she was located. My address changed a month ago when I moved, he doesn't actually know this and that's good. I only gave Serenity and close friends my location.

She needs space to breathe and away from him. I've been taking the time to ensure she gets regular check ups at the doctor.

I didn't want her to stress about anything. Both her health and the unborn baby, must be cared for.

"You might gain a few pounds, here and there --"

"A few pounds!?"

She covered her face crying and I wrap my arms around the shuddering frame of her body. She's gotten really emotional and I knew it came from the pregnancy. This place had only one room so we slept in the same bed.

Kris left a week ago since she found a job, we were friends from college days so grabbing a cup of coffee or hanging out was normal stuff for us. Serenity's morning sickness is almost over so no more puking.

I softly rub the back of her head.

"Shhhh, it's okay."

"I do not want to be a mother," she glanced up at my with red puffy eyes, "I - I can give the baby up for adoption."

"You will do no such thing --"

"I am not fit! Glenn doesn't care about anything, he just wanted to knock me up to get his heir .."

Her hopes were being reduced to atoms and I had to be strong and not break down.

"..he only wants the child and nothing else." she whispered, her eyes were brimming with tears.

I held her arms.

"It's not just his child Serenity, it's your baby, adoption is definitely something you will have to think about very carefully."

She was very thoughtful and her hands cradled her bulge.

"You're nurturing something beautiful within, the baby is already bonding with you .. don't abandon your flesh and blood."

"I will keep the baby."

"That's the right choice, believe it."

"Thank you for being here for me."

She says, smiling.

I'd never put her in this position but I'll continue to watch over her. I prayed every day that she'll notice my feelings, it wouldn't really matter because she doesn't even like me.

"I'll always be here for you, no matter what." I replied and she hugs me, my hand gave her tummy a warm caress.

"That's for the little one."

"That tickles --"

I easily took her up in my arms and she covered her classically beautiful face, embarrassed. I walk to the bedroom and slowly lower her on the bed.

"Your feet is a bit swollen. I can't have you standing around."

I straightened myself, walk to the bathroom and splashed water on my face.