Chapter 25

Serenity

When I was a child, I used to be frightened of entering such a place for it seemed so imposing and somewhat dangerous, especially when music was being played.

I saw myself forced to enter but with Glenn holding my hand, that gave me courage. It took me quite a while to pass through the old oak door but the moment I stepped in, I realized just how enchanting and breathtaking the building of a church could be.

Its fantastic architecture and exquisite frescoes, reflect perfectly the unity between this earth and the unseen kingdom of angels.

An overwhelming feeling of inner harmony takes over my being upon entrance and God seems much closer.

Darkness and light are welded perfectly together, creating a redemption’s house. The tower allows you to see the entire town from the smallest river to the biggest building site, offering you its mightiness.

I rest my head against Glenn's shoulder and our fingers weave together. I didn't think he would come with me so having him here was special. We wanted God to be a part of our lives and I'm so happy beyond words that he feels the same.

Its stone walls captured the warm breeze that washed over its neighboring garden, carrying with it, stolen lilac perfume and a searching scent of magnolia blossoms.

I looked below the cross, the choir was singing and beside it was a woman playing a piano with so much passion and in front of them was a the pastor, standing next to his bible.

"I am so happy you came."

He presses the back of my hand to his mouth.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

The choir met the resonate frequency of my soul as I lifted my hands, basking in the beautiful atmosphere of worship.

He bows his head in reverence and there was something powerful, so profound watching him. It moved my very bones. I closed my teary eyes and prayed with him.

God, please bless us in abundance. Help us to be a reflection of your love and help us always to seek you first.

Help us to grow stronger in your divine Providence, each and every day, and to always prioritize this gift. Help us each to be selfless and give out of nothing. I promise that I would always love, honour, cherish and respect him.

Something very warm came over me, like an invisible oil being poured out on my head and I tried to hold back from crying.

Please help us to communicate our needs and understand one another.. help us to remember good times and cherish new times together.

Teach us to forgive, and also to respect and enjoy our differences. I am so undeserving, yet you pursue me daily!

You are part of our vision, you know us both deeply, only you understand the problems we face. I pray, amen.

He was prostrating on his knees as the glory overpowers him. I couldn't breath at all, there was no more oxygen left in me. I've never seen this side to him.

A woman placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You should kneel next to your husband."

Blood rushed to my face and I became hot and flustered.

"We are not married."

"I was certain that you are," she drops her voice to a whisper, "Better hold on to him, the females here are already staring his way."

My flush grew darker beneath the red of exertion on my face. They can't do that, this is a church. Unbelievable, they were gazing at him, thirstily.