Chapter 22

Serenity

There was an explosion in my brain, the good sort, the type that carries more possibilities than I could be conscious of.

But there were hundreds of ideas there in that buzz of electricity, I could feel it.

Whatever was ahead, could be a great challenge but it was my adventure to take and so I smiled. A blindfold sealed off my vision completely, making me so much more sensitive to the surroundings.

My eyes stayed shut, every muscle in my body needed to move, dance and jump. Glenn was going to surprise me with something and I just couldn't stay still.

"Can I not get a hint?"

"Be patient."

His baritone voice resonated in my bones and I squinted behind the blindfold. Oh my God, it was so hot to have him in my ears.

And in the seconds that follow, I can feel his arms squeezing around me and my arms reciprocating. No longer can I stay calm, he was fragranced and robust yet having him at my back felt so thrilling.

Joy rushed through me and I got giddy with excitement.

"Are you ready?"

He rubs my arms, releasing the tension in the fibers of my muscles. I crane my neck to look up though nothing can be seen.

"Yes," his lips breathed fire into my body when he kissed me, arms slowly conforming to my curves.

I sucked in a shaky breath.

He carefully unties the blindfold and the wind takes it away.

My hand came over my mouth to suppress the sudden flow of strong emotions. I gaped, uncertain whether to breathe or scream.

A charcoal-grey Rolls Royce phantom glistens in the sunlight. The car sits as if it were formed from flowing metal, aquatic yet feminine with its curves almost as if this machine was built for me. I couldn't believe it.

"Congratulations on your acceptance to Valhalla medical college. I wish you success, prosperity, and every bit of happiness -"

I pulled him down to my level and time stopped when his lips met mine but the I felt when he kissed me only intensified.

My heart pounded in my chest as I got so weak. I could only focus on how soft he felt against my mouth, how addictively he tasted as he invaded my senses.

The lapping of my stripe cotton mini dress floats adrift in the breeze but there was raw emotion in the way his fingers curled around mine.

Unbearable heat rose from my stomach into my chest cavity as the smell of him was hypnotic beyond reason.

He draped his free hand around my small frame, closing every bit of space separating us.

I felt him washing over me like a wave of warmth, curling my toes, unfurling all the tight stitches of my being.

He parted his lips from mine and I could no longer stand, my hands grip onto his shoulders, the only solid thing in my swirling world.

"You're the closest thing to heaven, my little bundle of sunshine."

My whole body tingled, the feel of his frame leaning on mine as his arms wrapped around me, felt nearly forbidden, brimming with inflamed masculine power.

He pulled me in, claiming my mouth again, voracious and intense, until my knees gave in.

My back braced against the massive Oak without breaking the kiss and my hands frantically explored the outline of his rock-hard abs, moving up to those excellent pecs.