Chapter 39

Stravos

As I enter the large Estate of Glenn's place, pebbles and stones crunch beneath my shoes as I walked up the pavement.

We were to discuss a business proposal and sensitive in nature. It involves a family, aiming to expand their marketing procedure for a restaurant that will go out of business, without financial aid or advice.

I am pleased that justice was enforced with Angie's case.

When we are young, most of us are somewhat naive. We are inherently taught that good will always triumph over evil. A courthouse is the forum where evil should be dealt with. But, in reality at sundry times, this was seldom the case.

I looked around and saw nothing but the leaves on the trees, glittering from the constant blowing wind, catching myself staring at all the beauty around me.

My fingers were worrying a loose shirt button as my eyes darted about. The fresh clean mountain air entered my nostrils and it smelt as if I were lost; nowhere close to home. It was a feeling of relief to get away from all the problems of the bustling city.

There's no need to worry about what time it is because the sky will always tell you. There's no sound of the cars and sirens racing by, only the chit chat of wildlife and breaking Frey twigs as I approached the polished hard wood door.

Speaking with all honesty and a love for truth, I have feelings towards Serenity, they were repressed as I didn't know how to properly express them.

And since the fake family thing appeared real, it would be logical to think that I'm happily married because I've mentioned having a wife. There were no contracts involved since it has been a business proposal to get some cash in my pocket.

When I just started my career as a lawyer, things got really rough and I lost my apartment and had to live in a shack for awhile. My mother had been my support through those time but when she died, things took a turn for the worse.

My father got depressed and started taking heroin, my life was falling apart and I felt completely helpless. I couldn't do anything. It was my good counseling abilities I used to talk him back in holding on to life.

He lost all his weight and nearly suffered from kidney failure, he needed surgery and I tried asking Glenn for some cash but he withheld it, my father was dying for God sake.

He told me I was capable of earning it myself.

If I was capable of helping my father with the financial support he needed, I would have. No bank would give me assistant or a loan since they found out that my living conditions were unstable.

I had to work my ass off as a dish washer to save enough money to help my father and thank God, he recovered after surgery. I gained enough money to rent an apartment and that was a good enough to get me on my feet.

I took a deep breath.

This is a really nice property, must have cost a fortune. Knowing Glenn, he will do what he must to ensure that Serenity was well comforted.

She's so fond of Glenn and somewhere deep down, I'm glad.

I pressed the door bell and waited patiently for a few minutes, taking not of the potted plants and their articulate arrangement.

The door unlocks.

At the entrance, there she was, before for me, in a lilac dress with the design of odoriferous lotus petals. She has a big smile on her face and with her tiny body, she was bursting with health and smelt just as good.

Her long matted eyelashes fanned her rosy cheeks as she stares up at me, not expecting my presence. She smells so good, her sultry, smouldering composition, opens a fresh burst of raspberry and Damascena rose.