Chapter 18

Serenity

This private jet felt somewhat like home; I could curl up and sleep as easily as dozing off on a couch. The engines roared and this flight was my sky-born cradle, rocked by the winds, far above the ground.

So I tilt my head upward, seeking lights that flash, the red and white across the vast heavens.

I have never traveled in one. I listen to the hum of the rotors as if it were on sleek, perfect tracks, it's going to be a long trip to the states.

Glenn covers my hand with his and our fingers slowly entangle like they were making love.

Blistering heat spreads internally and I breathed torturously. His callous yet soft fingers were a perfect contradiction when they stroked and massaged mine. I hid my face into his arm as beads of sweat birthed from my skin.

My precious.

Because your partiality is so whole, my missing pieces appear because your touch carries such passion, what was scarred becomes soft once more.

Because you are steady and patient, my open wounds have time to heal and vanish. This gift from the heavens, this sweet addition to the man I waited so long for.

If we ever get married. I want to give him beautiful babies

I shook away the thought, thermal energy rushes into my bloodstream, feeling every muscle in my being awakened. I instinctively caress my tummy, wondering what it would feel like to have a part of him growing there. A tiny human, that looks just like him.

His lips sublimate against my ear making me gasp.

"What are you thinking?"

A burning sensation was crawling through my limbs and hot air invading my lungs.

I shook my head vigorously.

"N-Nothing!"

Why does his touch affect me so much? My palm was perspiring and I'm sure that he must be grossed out.

"Your face," he kisses my forehead, "..is redder than," another heart-rending kiss over my eyelids, "A cherry."

He plants a long lingering one on my quivering lips, my pulse thwarts savagely as he drinks my lips like some delicious expensive wine.

"I might be coming down with a cold." I cough feigning illness.

He smirks, apparently not buying my ruse. He held my hands, tenderly bumping his nose against mine with attentive devotion, my earlobes were blistering hot so much they just might peel away.

"You can be honest with me, I don't bite," he gently pinches my lower lip and I was tempted to bite his finger.

"..let me guess, you were thinking of having a family with me."

A blush springs open over my cheeks, showing the current condition of my heart.

I wish I didn't flush so fast and that I had some ability to keep my emotions to myself. In an instant my feelings were unearthing, there was no reigning control of this physiological reaction, especially with Glenn.

"You knew?"

His smile was one of elation growing, much as a spring flower opens. I could see how it came from deep inside to light his eyes and spread into every part of him.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. I guess he must get used to that, the sudden double-take when he passes by -- especially from females.

"I knew," his voice shifted gear on the inside, sending my palpitating heart into overdrive.

He touches the back of his neck and somehow, we hardly made eye contact with each other.