Chapter 38

Serenity

The sky has just started lighting up, just when I finished making Glenn's breakfast, the sun was coming to shine on her creation,
to give life and to bring hope. It was a beautiful morning, to start afresh with lively affirmations.

Breakfast was soft pancakes and berries as warm as they would be in the sun with maple syrup, threaded upon the top. Also toast bread, avocado dip and a salad dish. I'm making sure he eats healthily, as long as it was my hands cooking, he shall.

The coffee was piping hot so when he gets out of bed, it will be ready to serve. Archer and Fena chases the cat into the kitchen, nearly knocking me over. They were Glenn's frisky golden retrievers, my, they're making quite a scene so early.

We had to return to the states since the wedding planner will be meeting us soon. I am really excited and emotional? All our family members are going to be present on the most wonderful day of that I've been dreaming of.

He bought us a new home without servants. The staff were given jobs so once we moved out, they wouldn't be unemployed. I'm happy for this, privacy was just what I needed and away from prying eyes.

Home is place where memories are created and where laughter never ends.

There was an open terrace in front of the garden, where I would daily water the plants and flowers, they were flourishing abundantly and there was nothing like hard work.

I tore my gaze from the massive maple and hickory trees at a shuffling sound. It's .. Glenn, he had just awoken and he was a hot mess, he must have dressed himself fast.

I'm not the one to talk, wearing this dyed Walmart t-shirt and a matching legging which had a bunny tail at the back.

"I knew I smelt something coming from the kitchen."

His voice traveled down my body but penetrated more intensely at the hollow of my thighs.

"I wanted to make sure you eat on time."

Before I could move, he leaned over, took my face between his hands and kissed me.

My body came alive and the rightness of his lips settled in my bones. I sighed into his mouth and tried to get closer, wanting not just a part of him.

"Wait," he muttered against my lips.

"Do not wait, please keep going."

He smiled down at me, stroking the side of my face

"There are some things we need to get out of the way before I touch you again," he averted his eyes to the readily made breakfast, "Because once I touch you again, I won't be able to stop."

A little of his Italian accent, slipped out and it was so exotic, it gave me a brief rush that I wanted to last longer.

We made ourselves comfortable at the table.

He spreads the avocado over the toast and sprinkled tomato on top as if it were cake decorations. There was a joy in how he did it as if for a moment he was happily absorbed by a feeling of love that played in his subtle smile and soft gaze.

Then he brought it over, his and mine, the breakfast that became a part of the rhythm of our lives together. For the first time ever, I could see every day of my future and I wanted it, I wanted to stay and be apart of it more than anything I've ever wanted.

************

I walked into the cozy living area with a bowl of french vanilla ice cream. My feet rubbed against the smooth marble floors, and I was greeted by the cool sea breeze, that made the curtains next to the balcony flutter.