Chapter 11

Angie

"I'm very sorry madam, it won't happen again."

I took up the pie from the trolley and splatter it on her face, she wiped the white cream filling from her teary eyes. "If you tamper with my order next time, kiss your job goodbye."

The woman, now stunned by my words, sneered at me before leaving. She works with Woolworth room service and I promised her, she will be fired by the crack of dawn.

Serenity must be a lost puppy right now, poor little thing, people will continue to walk over her like a dusty rug. My blood boils and I lift my sharp black fingernails with a wicked scowl.

Glenn belongs to me, he's mine. He can't just dump our relationship for that stupid skank, she ruined everything. That won't sit well with me, he has to take me back by the hook or the crook.

I nibbled on my nail, concocting my next move when my phone buzzed. I angrily stole it from my pocket.

"Oh."

It's Mrs. Gallon. A sly smirk twisted the corner of my mouth like the Cheshire cat, he was Serenity's favorite character.

"Hello Mrs. Gallon, how are you today?" my voice was the sweetest.

"I am doing excellent my dear, you have the voice of an angel." She compliments me.

"I am glad to hear that and thank you."

"I haven't heard from Serenity in a while, is she alright?"

"She's doing very well, don't worry, work has her occupied."

"She has a job now? I'm delighted! She has always wanted to be a vet so she is planning to apply for New York medical college Valhalla, that's her first choice."

My lips gave birth to a devilish grin hearing this and immediately, the gears for my next ruse began turning. "Great choice, she'll attain her dream of becoming a vet if she studies there. I'm her best friend, I will always have her back."

"You are such a kind soul Angie, thank you for being there for her. I must go, take care now."

We said farewell and ended the call. No, thank you, Mrs. Gallon, you've just made my job easier. I'm one more step towards destroying her dreams, you mess with my man, so I'll give you a taste of chaos. It will come swiftly.

Contacting the college is first on my list, once I'm done, she won't have a chance to apply because they will not accept her application. I laughed diabolically and coughed seeing a little boy staring at me, he was probably eight or nine.

"What is it, boy? go on, shoo!"

He didn't move, instead, his curiosity shoved him closer, "You remind me so much of Cruella De Vil, the resemblance is uncanny. The only difference is that you are blonde." he keenly speculates.

His attire was prim and proper, you know like those rich kids who always take piano lessons? Makes me sick. He has a well-sorted vocabulary for his age and it's irritating. He touches the fabric of my dress, inspecting it.

He beamed with a smile plastered on his face. "Cashmere," he concluded, which is right.

The muscles along my face drew together in a poisonous line, staring him down, "Scram, you're a kid. I have no interest in you."

 "I am very aware of your age my dear. I am not blind as you are but if I was indeed in that same category," he tugs at his tie with deft fingers, "I would not dare think of dating you."

He professed, analyzing me with disgust. My lips were pressed together in a hard line, this boy was mocking me, he will rue this day, he will regret it!