Chapter 1

*********************
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. No part of this book may be scanned, uploaded, or distributed via the Internet or any other means, electronic or print, without the publisher's permission. 

***********

Hey guys I hope you will like this book, don't forget to hit that star, it helps and your feedback means a lot!

I have a very tight schedule.
I'm sorry for the typing errors if you see any. It's being edited.
_________________

If you enjoy steamy romance, beautiful, compelling characters, full of depth and emotion - humor, suspense, and drama! This is for you.

Serenity

This is my first time leaving England, business in the country? A snail would make faster cash.

As I took the first step into the city, I saw tons of people doing all kinds of things. I stopped to see a guy juggling on the sidewalk and when people passed by they would put money in his bin.

My eardrums trembled violently from blaring horns, various chattering, and sirens. The people here were bustling with life.

I glanced up at the vast blue sky. I'm finally here.

New York City was huge, much bigger than what I've seen in books, magazines, and on TV. I tugged my rattling luggage, glancing about. There were billboards with models, skincare products, advertising posters, and very tall buildings. It was all so amazing to look at.

A magnificent fountain spewed water, catching me off guard, and I laughed. Making my way to the curb, I hailed a cab. The vehicle slowed, and the driver got out, he greeted me with a kind smile before stuffing my luggage in the trunk.

He adjusts his rearview mirror, "Where to?"

"Woolworth residence."

The drive didn't take too long, however, I was hungry. I paid the cab driver, and he drove off.

I stared at the magnificent architecture in awe.

It's quieter here and when all seems well, my muscles started aching. A cold shower along with something delicious to eat can work miracles. I hastily made my way inside the opulent building.

A short blonde woman seated herself at the reception desk, she was so engrossed in her work, that she hadn't noticed I entered.

"You alright?"

She raised her head from the paperwork and creased her brow, "Pardon?" She looked like plastic with all that heavy makeup.

"I was just saying hello," My finger taps the desk impatiently. "That's how we say hello in England."

She rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed, "What do you want?"

"I'm here to see Angie Harmon, she's expecting me."

The wall clock ticked away for a few gruesome minutes, listening to her speak over the phone, sounded more like an argument than a professional conversation. She finally hangs up.

"Apartment 4B."

"Where's the lift?"

"Lift? What lift?"

"Oh, my gosh!"

Her shoulders jumped at my outburst. This woman was unbearable.

A man walked in wearing complementary shades and I ambled toward him.