Chapter 23

Serenity

"This is difficult."

I scratched my head in frustration, scanning my general chemistry hand out, why are these equations so complex?

The veterinary medical text was just here a moment ago, now it's missing.

"Where is it?"

I had my studies, where all my school stuff was available but one of my most important texts is gone. Agnes often comes here to arrange things, maybe she saw it.

My studies welcomed me with open arms, this was the perfect space to focus since the bedroom is a distraction.

The bookshelves were ornate as if carved by a person with a profound love of literature. The engravings were of leaves, autumn berries, and birds, they invited the fingers to take it in, just as much as the eyes.

A small note was attached to my desk.

"Hm?"

I unfolded the paper, it was from Glenn!

Do your best. I can't wait to get home so I can shower you with kisses. I made your favorite, waffles with strawberry, look behind you.

I could feel the heat of a blush crawling up my neck and I spun around to see freshly prepared waffles on a filing cabinet in the corner. It was covered with cling film food wrap, he shouldn't have, my stomach rumbled staring at the dish.

I'll make sure to thank him properly when he gets home. I helped myself to the waffles, filling my mouth with its yummy goodness. There's another note attached to the plate and I quickly opened it.

I'll be taking you out somewhere special tonight, there's a surprise under your desk.

This is like a treasure hunt, lowering myself, I saw a red box at the foot of the desk. A lovely pink bow sat proudly above it.

I wonder what's inside!

A sudden knock on the door distracted me and I took up the box, carefully placing it on my desk. I'm itching to know what's inside.

"Serenity, a girl by the name of Angie is here to see you, should I let her in?"

Brianna inquired.

Angie is here? I wonder why she came.

"Yes, you may," I answered.

"I didn't hear you clearly,"

She responded in a muffle behind the door.

"Please, do let her in."

Brianna didn't reply so I knew she had already left. I had been searching for my veterinary medical text just as I got out of bed, so there wasn't much time for me to change. I'm only wearing a bathrobe and bed slippers.

Angie

How long will that help take to let me in? I bought pastries for Serenity so we can celebrate her acceptance at Valhalla.

The doors opened and I gave my best smile. The help allowed me to enter along with the bags in tow; I'm more interested in seeing Glenn, he's probably at work during this time.

The sound of light footsteps drew my attention away from the help who had already taken everything from my hand. I saw Serenity descending the staircase in a Silky - dream Kimono bathrobe, her hair was in a very messy bun.

What is this?

My eyes narrowed to a pinprick, staring needles at her stomach, there seemed to be a little bulge under that robe. It can't be, no need to panic since I knew the exact reason why I came.

She gave me a warm hug and my hand balled into a fist, she can't be pregnant. There's a possibility that Glenn may have done it with her since they're living together.

"I'm so happy to see you Serenity, you look well."

I couldn't stop eyeing her tummy, there's no way I can accept this bullshit.

Even if she hasn't conceived, I have something that can stop that permanently and it's right up my sleeve.

"Really? I think I may have been eating a lot lately."

Shit, that's on point.

I replied with carefree laughter.

"You have an appetite, hmm. Did you miss your cycle or something?"

She gasped, and her skin began to flush pink.

"That is a bit personal, however, my cycle has just ended."

I sighed internally, so the little rabbit isn't pregnant, that's a relief.

"I came to celebrate with you! I've brought lots of pastries, so how are you doing?"

I was busy removing the stuff from the bags and stacking them onto a Callum dining table.

"I am indeed thankful that it is going well," she answered politely with a reflective smile.

She's just glowing like heaven gave her a visit.

My skin dulls in comparison to hers and she had curves in all the right places.

I grew unnaturally still, glaring at her from the corner of my eye. A wave of acid wells up from my belly, gathering my jaw shut. Only good sex does that, my anger was tearing chunks of flesh from my insides and I tried so hard to hide it.

I must have Glenn! I will NOT stop until I do. I swear.

She gave me a hand and together, we got them all out.

"Wow! That's a lot of pastry." she stretches her arms, "I can't wait for us to share it."

I bumped her hip with mine playfully.

"What are friends for babe? I need to use the bathroom. I'll be right back."

I slink back and burst into a frenzy, running up the stairs while I clutched my handbag.

My first location was Glenn's room.

My eyes darted around maniacally, taking on a hunted look, good, no one was following me.

Taking one more glimpse around the place, I quickly entered the room. My nostrils flare from his God-given aroma and I tip-told anyone towards the bathroom; I must act quickly before anyone shows up.

"Yes!"

The medicine cabinet was just what I was searching for. I opened it up and peeked inside, my blood pressure rose to new heights seeing a vitamin bottle, the same type that Serenity takes even before she came to the states.

"This is perfect."

My muscles contract upon popping the bottle open, luck must be on my side. They're the very exact capsules that match the ones I have. I carefully exchanged the capsules in the bottle with the ones I brought.

High doses of NSAIDs, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Ibuprofen and aspirin.

This drug can cause permanent infertility, when she starts to take these, she won't even notice the change.

Once she's unable to conceive, Glenn will surely put the trash out for good since he wants an heir.

Doesn't she know the main purpose of her relationship with him? Glenn has been tirelessly seeking a woman to bear his offspring and empower the Giorno family's lineage, he had rejected me for that, now, he has his eyes on Serenity. I should have gotten rid of her the moment she came to the states.

I will be the one to give him kids not that stupid bitch.

I properly fixed my clothes before leaving.

She was preparing the table with drinks and cups excitedly, she did this with dedication.

"You've done such a great job, now let us begin the celebration!"

The maids and butlers cheered in response, switching on an energetic bubbly music.

"Let's rock this!"

Oh, I'll be rocking you Serenity. Hard.