YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL

Start from the beginning

"Roisin is to be mated to my son, Mr. Mikhailov," Siobhan states, her expression still stoic.

"Ah yes, Liam," Alexei replies, his smile not quite reaching his eyes. "I will look forward to doing business with him when he takes the title of Alpha."

Siobhan gives another tight smile. Turning away from the Brady matriarch, Alexei bids his goodbyes to Elenore, and I swear I hear Siobhan mutter, "Not likely." The words are so low only I can catch them.

"Princess, will you walk me out?" Alexei asks, his tone pleasant but leaving no room for refusal. I nod and take his arm, exiting the showroom.

We step back into the foyer, and I notice Damir is no longer against the wall as we pass. Turning back to Alexei, I see his jaw clenched. I decide to just come out and ask. "Is there something between you and the Bradys?"

Alexei stills, his eye twitching. "What makes you ask that?"

"Well, you look like you just sniffed someone else's fart," I say bluntly. Alexei grimaces at my crudeness. "Seriously, you seem uncomfortable when they're mentioned."

"It's nothing," he replies, taking my hand. "Elenore has several dresses put aside for you to select." It's a clear deflection. "I will see you tonight?"

"Nope, I'm heading straight home after this," I say, watching as white sparks flicker deep within his irises at the mention of his apartment as home. He tugs on my hand and draws me close for a kiss, his lips gentle against mine, stirring something deep within me. My feelings for Alexei have shifted since witnessing his vulnerability at Yule; although it's not the same intensity as what I feel for Liam, there's now a flicker of desire, and I'm confident we can make it work.

I wave goodbye as Alexei climbs into one of his many cars and drives off. Re-entering Elenore's, I slow down when I spot Reagan shuffling in the foyer, her eyes red. Instinct tells me she was just on the phone with that jerk.

Taking a deep breath, I pull her aside. "You okay?"

Reagan shrugs. "I will be."

"It's okay to be pissed if you want. Men can be real assholes sometimes."

Reagan chuckles and turns to me, "I like you, Erin. I wish you were marrying my brother instead of Roisin."

I sigh, my heart giving a little flip at her words. "I thought you two were friends?"

"I don't really have a choice," Reagan huffs, crossing her arms. "I'm limited in who I can hang out with. Roisin isn't really the problem once you get to know her. It's Liam. He hasn't been the same since Christmas."

I want to hear more, but I've already made my decision to stick with Alexei. I give her a sad smile. "We just wouldn't work, hun."

"Feck that," Reagan bites her lip, "but I have to admit the other guy is so much sexier. I mean, his ass is just..."

I burst out laughing at her bluntness.

"I'm glad you don't find your brother attractive," I tease. Reagan laughs, shoving my arm playfully. "Just remember, there are plenty of great guys out there who would treat you like a queen. Don't waste tears over that jerk."

"I know," she replies, glancing past me with a sly grin. "I'm starting to see that now." With that, she turns and heads back into the showroom.

I shake my head at her comment and try to see what caught her attention. Oh, dear girl, that's not what I meant. I swear under my breath when I spot Damir in the distance, phone pressed to his ear.

************************************************

The rest of our visit at Elenore's unfolds without a hitch. True to her word, Ava chose the lace mermaid dress; the only alteration needed was a slight adjustment to the front to provide a bit more room. After a brief flare-up with her mother, who was insistent on outfits more fitting for a cabaret than a wedding, Roisin opts for a breathtaking A-Line/Princess V-neck dress adorned with tulle, lace, and sparkling sequins. I have to admit, it looks incredible on her.