19. My One Night To Shine

Start from the beginning

We finally got to her house (it's only a little bit away from mine, thank God) and I was sweating like a beast by that time. Luckily, the air conditioning was on in her house and I cooled down quite quickly. We travelled up to the floor with her dressing room on in the elevator (where the air conditioning was best) and was glad to find that Jenny (Kaila's very close friend and personal stylist) was already setting up her styling things that she was gonna use on us today.

Kaila walked in the room first with a huge smile on her face, and immediately, Jenny started to flutter around her, instantly figuring out what make-up was gonna be used and how her hair was to be styled. It was actually quite amusing to watch, and it was definitely a more relaxed and happier atmosphere than the boring, lonely one there was at my house.

Hopefully, that will change this afternoon when the party is on.

Kaila and I fell into the comfy leather chairs and let out a happy sigh. Jenny started working on Kaila first, because Kaila had already told her what she was wearing, so Jenny had prepared beforehand how she was gonna style Kaila. No one, apart from Kaila, had seen my outfit yet, not even Jenny. It was gonna be a surprise for all of us. Jenny was fine with the fact that she was gonna have to decide what she was gonna put on me after she'd seen my outfit, too, so everything was good.

While Jenny got to work on Kaila, I went through everything in my head of what was gonna happen this afternoon.

Okay, so firstly, we were gonna go out into the my back garden, and just have a little get together (just with our close friends and stuff, not everyone).

Then Kaila and I were gonna help the girls get ready for the night (they knew about the surprise that I didn't), while Mitchell (who also knew) and some of his mates were gonna get ready in the basement downstairs. 

Anyways, after they were all ready, we were all to go back to Kaila's, where I would then be revealed to my outfit (finally!).

And then the final thing is the surprise, which I have absolutely no clue about. At all. I seriously don't know how no one could have told me by now what the surprise is - we have some serious gossipers in our school! Kaila must have done some pretty serious threatening to be able to keep this a secret from me.

 Kaila's phone buzzed, then, making me jump and bringing me back to the present at exactly the same time. She swiftly pulled her iPhone out of her shorts' pocket, and glanced quickly at the text. She smirked when she read it, and I noticed from her expression that it had nothing to do with Mitchell. When he sent a text to her, she usually smiled, and laughed or something. But after reading that text, she smiled in a mysterious way, making me wonder - maybe it was something to do with the surprise?

Nah, I'm just imagining things.

'Who was that?' I asked, trying to not sound like I was prying.

She quickly glanced at me, and said, 'Oh, no one. I think it was just one of those prank text thingys.'

Yeah, like I was gonna believe that one! I may be shy around a lot of people and not say much, but my observations make up for that. I notice everyone and everything around me - that's how I can tell when Kaila's lying, and when she's not lying. And right then, she was lying.

But I just chose to ignore it. Like I always do.

About half an hour later, Kaila's make-up was all done, and I had to admit that she looked absolutely stunning - tonight, I will not be centre of attention; she will. After all, Kaila is much prettier than me. I mean, she's tall, she's naturally blonde, she has these gorgeous blue eyes that I know a lot of boys could just look into forever, she's funny, she's cool, she's popular... Oh, and she has an absolutely amazing figure, that any girl would die for, including me.