19. My One Night To Shine

-Mollie's POV-

It's the 14th of April. And I'm so excited - it's my birthday today! And guess what?

Kaila's planned (yet again) one of those parties that end up being the party of the year! She hasn't told me everything that's gonna happen, because apparently, she's got a surprise up her sleeve...

Oh dear, now that I think about it, it could be anything! Fuck, she's probably booked to have male strippers, or a wild house party where everyone gets drunk and has sex in the bedrooms upstairs...

Hang on, that may be a bit over the top - she wouldn't go that far (not yet anyway - I know she's planning something like that for when she turns 18, or something!)

Yeah, but anyway, she's planned a huge party for me, and I've been able to find out that she's invited most of our year at school, plus quite a few people in the years above us, and the main party is gonna take place at my house. I'm completely fine with that, apart from the fact that I don't know how to get rid of The Twat (mine and Kaila's nickname for my housekeeper).

I could say that her favourite food store is having a buy-one-get-one-free offer, only on today, but I know that once she gets there and realises I was lying, she'll come straight back and get really pissy, probably frightening off every single person invited. And there's no point in locking her our, because she's hidden a spare key out the front somewhere, and I don't have a clue where it is.

So that's something we need to take care of.

Anyway, so yeah, we're having a huge party at my house, and Kaila and I have already stored all of the valuables and collectibles in the attic, just as a precaution. I mean, if the party does get a bit wild, I don't want anything smashing, or breaking or getting nicked or something. That would be terrible.

'Mollieeeee!' Kaila whined from the top of the stairs.

I laughed at her impatience as she tapped her foot on the floor with her hands on her hips, as I slowly trudged up the stairs.

'Yes, Kaila?' I said, when I finally got to the top.

'Right, everything's set. Apart from one thing.'

'What's that, then?' I said, already tired with the thought of sorting out something else.

'I ain't ready!' She threw her arms up in mock exasperation, then grabbed me by the arm and started pulling me back down the stairs.

'Where are we going?' I said, worriedly. I kind of had the image in my head of a huge sparkly salon, with bleach blonde, fake-tan slathered Barbie Dolls, shovelling foundation on my face, and damaging my dark silky hair with burning hot irons.

Kaila laughed at my expression. 'Don't worry, babe! We're only going to my house! I've called Jenny and she's coming over to do my make-up and hair. She's doing yours later, like I told you. I've already sorted out our outfits too, by the way,' she said with a slight smirk on her pretty face.

'Nothing too short or revealing, I hope,' I said, still worried.

'Don't worry - I've picked out a dress that I am one hundred percent sure you'll love!'

I relaxed slightly then - I can always tell when Kaila's lying, and when she's telling the truth.

We got outside, and I realised that it was actually really hot, today. Like, really hot. It must have been about 28°C (that's 82°F, by the way), and stupid me had a long sleeve top on with skinny jeans. Kaila was always the organised one, wearing a strappy top that showed of her tiny waist, and denim hot pants, which showed off her long, tanned legs. Hell, she could wear that to the party and get away with it!